• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

photograft

Reaction score
They're gorgeous for sure. Might get them done as shades, transitions wasn't the right move for this style imo.
I got mine in RX but had them match the original lenses. I feel like they might be a bit too green, but time will tell how I feel. I may end up changing them to a more grey-green/neutral tint. I don’t think brown would work though..

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah that grailed listing has sat entirely too long.

photograft

Reaction score
@photograft curious to see how your Ascari lenses look if you have a pic handy
524D5BEB-8F0A-4B90-9153-CF2291939A83.jpeg

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah those look really lovely. Was thinking different when you said the green was too dark.

photograft

Reaction score
Yeah those look really lovely. Was thinking different when you said the green was too dark.
It’s not too dark. It’s too green. Vision through the lenses is very noticeably tinted green in a way that makes everything look like you’re in the Matrix (go back and watch The Matrix and you’ll notice how whenever characters are inside the matrix the film is graded more green)

But this is more about the fact that I need to accept that I prefer brown or grey lenses to all other colors

penkala

Reaction score
one thing I find fascinating with all my jmm is that no matter how dark the surroundings are (I also have dark lenses on some), my iphone always recognises my face and unlocks.. unlike my other sunnies.. why is that?

qubed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
FaceID uses an infrared sensor, so dark ambient light is actually a good thing for it. When it's very bright out is when FaceID might struggle.

one thing I find fascinating with all my jmm is that no matter how dark the surroundings are (I also have dark lenses on some), my iphone always recognises my face and unlocks.. unlike my other sunnies.. why is that?

Facultyofzen

Reaction score

I would have thought the anti-reflective coating on the backside of the lenses would do the opposite and affect facial recognition but maybe not.

Last edited:

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
I would have thought the anti-reflective coating on the backside of the lenses would do the opposite and affect facial recognition but maybe not.
I had to turn off the eye attention thing to get Face ID to work with sunglasses personally.

photograft

Reaction score
It depends on the frames. I have some glasses where FaceID doesn’t work at all (Persol 714sm with the original mineral glass lenses). I’m not sure if it’s because the frame is blocking a particular part of my face, or maybe the glass lenses are blocking something that my RX sun lenses in my JMMs don’t.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads