• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Maxwellll

Reaction score
new The Mage of Zorro frames

1298337b56128623820952a6024b803e.jpg

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah bugger! It's about the only decent JMM code I've seen for European customers. Not really looked much tbh..

qubed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a video of making acetate glasses (may have been even linked in this thread), where even though the raw block looked absurdly thick, the finished product is pretty normal. All the rounding & sanding of the edges really narrows it.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw a video of making acetate glasses (may have been even linked in this thread), where even though the raw block looked absurdly thick, the finished product is pretty normal. All the rounding & sanding of the edges really narrows it.

This is true, and that’s OK but every once in a while it would be cool to sport a ridiculous chunky frame (like the Akai?). JMM boast 10mm acetate but there aren’t many/any parts that are 10mm on the finished product. I like the look of the tall side arms on the Akai too but the frames didn’t look good on me.

photograft

Reaction score
I keep thinking about picking up the saints as a replacement for my Persol 2747s. They seem to have a similar-ish profile

hard to decide between Havana and Reserve though.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine are in Dark Havana. They suit me in a satisfying way.

Speaking of I've got a pair of Ascaris in vintage tort I'd consider parting with. Problem is they have a script in them. So they'd have to go to someone intending to redo the script anyways. If that sounds like you let's talk I'll cut a deal for an sf member.

photograft

Reaction score
As someone who likely just snagged the last pair of Ascari Vintage Tort that was available from any shop, I can say that they’re legit. If you want them, get them.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're gorgeous for sure. Might get them done as shades, transitions wasn't the right move for this style imo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads