• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

JDelage

Reaction score
The Ray Ban's original Clubmaster design is hard to beat, IMHO.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Thin White Duke . Regarding the Hickory Molinos… I was wavering most of yesterday on them. Then I looked back through this thread and saw how the Hickory color looked on you with your Deleans, and I went ahead! So thank you for the inspiration :)
Whoah praise indeed! Cheers matey!
Slightly kicking myself that I didn’t jump on the good deal after all but I have some others incoming.
*Looks back at thread for link to discount deal*

dwiz

Reaction score
I just keep thinking about the Walker preorder and trying to figure out how to swing it. The clear would be cool with a lightly tinted prescription lens too.

**** photoshop as I’m on mobile but somethings like this. Less extreme of course, softer colors.

Attachments

• EF61143A-D568-4273-B6C8-DD9C3DA16FD5.jpeg
    EF61143A-D568-4273-B6C8-DD9C3DA16FD5.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 97
  • 86BB9E5A-5D62-4B01-9623-041FF59B24C3.jpeg
    86BB9E5A-5D62-4B01-9623-041FF59B24C3.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 126

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just keep thinking about the Walker preorder and trying to figure out how to swing it. The clear would be cool with a lightly tinted prescription lens too.

**** photoshop as I’m on mobile but somethings like this. Less extreme of course, softer colors.
I’ve got a pair of Oliver People’s Cabrillo in clear acetate with blue lenses, a bit like your example on the left and they not only look great but are a very versatile pair of shades that work with a ton of different outfits formal and casual so that would be my favoured combo from what you posted. Pics of mine here ...

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’ve got a pair of Oliver People’s Cabrillo in clear acetate with blue lenses, a bit like your example on the left and they not only look great but are a very versatile pair of shades that work with a ton of different outfits formal and casual so that would be my favoured combo from what you posted. Pics of mine here ...

Hmmm, now I'm feeling inspiration for clear acetate frames...

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way, if anyone owns the Scarpa or Altamont titanium sunglasses, could you please post fit pics/ in-the-wild pics?

dwiz

Reaction score

they look fantastic! Now I want them even more hahah

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
Hi guys. Been watching this JMM thread for sometime now. I have just taken delivery of my third pair of JMM – Taos in Army. This colourway with the gold hardware is simply stunning. Not sure my wallet can cope with this addiction.

Attachments

• 80911B8B-FB62-4E28-9187-AE07382F1A95.jpeg
    80911B8B-FB62-4E28-9187-AE07382F1A95.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

RariRooster

Reaction score
does anyone know if jmm ever go on sale for black friday? likely through a retailer or if anyone knows if any optical shops doing a sale similar to that mira sale.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if jmm ever go on sale for black friday? likely through a retailer or if anyone knows if any optical shops doing a sale similar to that mira sale.
I've never seen anything like that Mira sale, and I've been following JMM for ~5 years now. Then again, I didn't know about the Mira sale, so I could have missed something else. Mr. Porter is the best I've seen consistently otherwise. When Moda Operandi started phasing out their mens, I saw some Fitzgeralds for $300s but that was about it.

RariRooster

Reaction score
I've never seen anything like that Mira sale, and I've been following JMM for ~5 years now. Then again, I didn't know about the Mira sale, so I could have missed something else. Mr. Porter is the best I've seen consistently otherwise. When Moda Operandi started phasing out their mens, I saw some Fitzgeralds for $300s but that was about it.
Cool thanks for the insight! Btw i did find some on sale at https://www.winkeyewear.com/jacques-marie-mage-page for 20% off using their code BLACKFRIDAY

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads