• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have other pics of the Walker? I think there was some mention of it in relation the Fellini, which I’m a huge fan of, so maybe the Walker will be a good alternative to me buying additional Fellinis in other colors.

photograft

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, do you think it is possible to outfit the PCH with prescription lenses that exactly copy the gradient of the stock lenses? Or is that beyond the scope of what a good optometrist can do?
I’m sure a shop like Gogosha could pull it off. In many instances, a shop wouldn’t attempt to do this in house but would have it done at their lens lab. My guy in Cleveland said that if I wanted to try that he would see if his lab could do it.

BigRed

Reaction score
I've been thinking about picking up my first pair of JMM. I'm debating between the Taos fade or PCH green....I know it depends on face shape but I'm just curious as what people's opinions are on these two pairs.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've been thinking about picking up my first pair of JMM. I'm debating between the Taos fade or PCH green....I know it depends on face shape but I'm just curious as what people's opinions are on these two pairs.

I bought the PCH and like them, but there's a very small part of me that feels ridiculous for paying so much money for a pair of aviators that looks pretttttyyy similar to other aviators. But they have just the right shape and detailing where I decided I would rather have these than others.

I also really like the Taos and think they look more unique. That said, while playing around with the two frames at home, I feel like the Taos is a more aggressive looking frame that doesn't always play well in certain outfits, whereas the PCH is a little more generic and thus easy to wear. Of the five JMM frames I own, I wear my Taos the least, although I don't like them any less. It's just that sometimes I try them on with an outfit and feel something else works better.

I guess it depends on your face shape and wardrobe? Realize that's not very helpful.

superstarlord

Reaction score
I recommend both ;)
70C4F78F-2161-4376-986C-FDE2AE526E02.jpeg

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the PCH and like them, but there's a very small part of me that feels ridiculous for paying so much money for a pair of aviators that looks pretttttyyy similar to other aviators. But they have just the right shape and detailing where I decided I would rather have these than others.

I also really like the Taos and think they look more unique. That said, while playing around with the two frames at home, I feel like the Taos is a more aggressive looking frame that doesn't always play well in certain outfits, whereas the PCH is a little more generic and thus easy to wear. Of the five JMM frames I own, I wear my Taos the least, although I don't like them any less. It's just that sometimes I try them on with an outfit and feel something else works better.

I guess it depends on your face shape and wardrobe? Realize that's not very helpful.
That’s funny. I feel the Taos works with every outfit in the Vis, Kapital, 18 East vein whereas the PCH seems more sleaze/70s directional. The only thing I don’t see the Taos working with is CM stuff.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That’s funny. I feel the Taos works with every outfit in the Vis, Kapital, 18 East vein whereas the PCH seems more sleaze/70s directional. The only thing I don’t see the Taos working with is CM stuff.

Hm, I don't have any 18 East stuff, although I admire it online. I agree that the Taos goes well with Visvim and Kapital though.

photograft

Reaction score
I must have a different definition of sleaze to most people in this forum. To me sleaze goes hand in hand with cheap, yet it’s a term that a lot of people throw around when describing the JMM aesthetic. Maybe I’m just not familiar with what you’re all referring to

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I must have a different definition of sleaze to most people in this forum. To me sleaze goes hand in hand with cheap, yet it’s a term that a lot of people throw around when describing the JMM aesthetic. Maybe I’m just not familiar with what you’re all referring to
Basically, the 70's drug dealer look

JDelage

Reaction score
I think the Walker is fine. New temple details and I like the argyle color way (well, on the Good See pics at least). Not as interested in the Whiskeyclone. The Edie is an abomination.

Excited about the (new?) emerald color way. I hope they'll bring it to other frames.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads