• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_20201012_174732.jpg

Glad I went transitions on my Ascari and Saint. The size of the Ascari reduces eye strain when I'm doing stuff around the house/reading which I wasn't expecting. The Saint is less dramatic and more versatile for most fits. Want a pair in black for sure.
Screenshot_20201018_035838.jpg

Screenshot_20201018_035856.jpg

photograft

Reaction score
View attachment 1479336
Glad I went transitions on my Ascari and Saint. The size of the Ascari reduces eye strain when I'm doing stuff around the house/reading which I wasn't expecting. The Saint is less dramatic and more versatile for most fits. Want a pair in black for sure.
View attachment 1479338
View attachment 1479339
Oh man, 2 pairs that I would love to have. I feel pretty confident the Saint would fit me like a glove, but the Ascari is visually so much more unique and interesting that I can’t stop thinking about it. Now you have me thinking about a transitions lens for my next pair.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Ascari took an extra 3 days to re lens as they were bigger than most places people are used to. The shop owner thought I had found something deadstock from the 50s or 60s as frames just aren't this thick these days. Neat detail.

Only thing is JMM is so good at picking tints for their shades, hard to recreat in a prescription.
@photograft for a first JMM I'd go Saint it's unique but less over the top and more of a day to day glasses. For sunglasses Ascari is equally appropriate.

PS it took the shop owner maybe 25 30 minutes to heat adjust the frame due to thickness. He had never seen anything like it. Optical 88 in NYC gets my glowing recommendation even if their bare bones savings based setup had me nervous. Especially when the Ascari took 5 days longer than anticipated.

Last edited:

Jaymig926

Reaction score
Has anyone seen/ tried on the last frontier Red Cloud or Santa Fe ?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think he can afford JMM...
He has to rely on the good graces of sycophant donors.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really cool sunglasses Jay!. I had those in mind too, but finally got the clear ones which were easier to find here in Europe. Both models are awesome though.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I’m waiting on those Walkers like...
going to be the next 15 min hot frame, book it

1603143078334.gif

...and goddam I liked the fuckits hat so much I’m looking at getting one in straw made for me. I don’t blame SF on this one though. Plus I need a pick me up after my Braves just barved...oh Atlanta fanatics.....it’s like being a masochist

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Ascari took an extra 3 days to re lens as they were bigger than most places people are used to. The shop owner thought I had found something deadstock from the 50s or 60s as frames just aren't this thick these days. Neat detail.

Only thing is JMM is so good at picking tints for their shades, hard to recreat in a prescription.
@photograft for a first JMM I'd go Saint it's unique but less over the top and more of a day to day glasses. For sunglasses Ascari is equally appropriate.

PS it took the shop owner maybe 25 30 minutes to heat adjust the frame due to thickness. He had never seen anything like it. Optical 88 in NYC gets my glowing recommendation even if their bare bones savings based setup had me nervous. Especially when the Ascari took 5 days longer than anticipated.

Lookin great, bud! Great shapes

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads