• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

photograft

Reaction score
Can't wait to see that material work it's way into some new frames, so far that I know it's just used on an upcoming collab (JMM AND Co) I can't imagine they'd let something so good come and go as a one off.
Speaking of Collabs, my go to shop is doing a JMM collab, apparently due to come out late December or January. My understanding is it's going to be a Torino in Jade

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picking lenses for my new JMM frames and wanted to talk through my options. Some serious over thinking, spoilered for the sane amongst us.
Key points: I don't drive so transitions aren't an issue. I have some backup Cutler and Gross spectacles sporting an up to date rx so for conservative situations I'm covered, meaning I can have a bit more fun with these.

Wanting to hear some thoughts:
IMG_20200921_162649.jpg

JMM Ascari: 1. Vintage Tort. 2. Clear.

1. I'll make the vint torts clear rx glasses that transition in sunlight to green (betting I'll wear these the most) .

2. The clear Ascari I'm less sure about. I don't need them to be RX if they're just sunnies. Maybe this means I should sell them, but the hold up is the Ascari really suits me in a unique way. Silly as it sounds I feel a kindred connection to the model.

What about a silver mirrored lens finish on the clear Ascari? Thought that could be cool. Believe I could do this much cheaper at a China town optical shop.
Screenshot_20200923_045541.jpg

3. JMM Saint in Havana.
Current plan is rx in a very light yellow, no indoor outdoor transition. Thinking John Turturro in rounders.
EPt2y4ZXkAE-PNU.jpg

Maybe instead of solid yellow a clear bottom that shifts to yellow at the top of the lens (potentially nicer for reading?).
All too affected and precious?

Has anyone done a light tinted rx? Experience?

Anyone see better color choices or any missed opportunities?

I'd be happy to hear folks suggestions on how they'd set these frames up given the chance. Been wearing my clear C&G frames and dad's sepia golf Persols since highschool so it's time for something new.

Sorry for the overthinking above, just wanna make sure I wind up with some fun shades

Cheers

Jaymig926

Reaction score
What about a light gold flash for the clear Ascari to pair nicely with the temples. The Army Felsons have a nice light gold flash here’s a pic of them

Attachments

• 83200664-E96D-4924-A068-181EB43F2BDC.jpeg
    83200664-E96D-4924-A068-181EB43F2BDC.jpeg
    190.4 KB · Views: 140
  • AF87D147-EEE2-4B2E-86E0-47F06083C44A.jpeg
    AF87D147-EEE2-4B2E-86E0-47F06083C44A.jpeg
    221.3 KB · Views: 169

qubed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have the Schindler and have any pics and can comment on fit? I think it’s a medium size. Wonder if it would work for a typical wide...

Also I know you just need to try things on, but do you tend to find as far as overall width, glasses with a smaller lens measurement but wider bridge if numerically close to another pair with larger lens size but smaller bridge can fit similarly, or does that wider bridge (say 5mm) make a big difference as to whether it sits on your nose well or not and is wide enough for your face?

Mine just arrived yesterday and it's my first JMM pair. I have a pretty big head, so it's a little tight on me. I'll probably need to get the temples slightly widened, or maybe it will just stretch by itself after awhile. I have a pretty ********, so the bridge fits fine on me.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Jaymig926
Excellent idea thank you.
D
@qubed your better off with a very slight tightness as that will loosen within a couple week wear. Perfect fit on day one is a recipe for tilting and slipping by next month.

Jaymig926

Reaction score
Thanks to (Adroit) on the suggestion to get the Fitz in flash I love them! Thanks again !

Attachments

• 4B72F2FB-B966-4061-A266-755EB675E565.jpeg
    4B72F2FB-B966-4061-A266-755EB675E565.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 7D8A5B97-5BD9-4B0B-9F6F-0D16810EBC3D.jpeg
    7D8A5B97-5BD9-4B0B-9F6F-0D16810EBC3D.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 151

JDelage

Reaction score
I've been wondering whether some of the women models could be worn by guys without a problem, like the Anita and the Schindler. They're very nice...

Jaymig926

Reaction score
Nice ! I’m jealous I should have picked one up when they where up on the JMM site

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads