• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just had frames filled yesterday. High-index 1.67, single vision with anti-reflective treatment for $171. My local boutique eyewear retailer wanted something like $350.

I asked the person at the counter about digital lenses and they said it's mostly for people with a higher prescription. Whereas I didn't meet that threshold, so they recommended standard conventional lenses.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I kinda wish the noir frames had the metal visible through the temples like above

If you can find the 5 year anniversary they did just that. Agreed though it’s awesome. The 5 year anniversary frames have glass lenses as well

1600811421021.jpeg

1600811435693.jpeg

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where can one get good quality prescriptions lenses done at “reasonable” prices in NYC?

I have always gotten my lenses done at the eyewear shops from which I purchased the frames. But the shops tend to be very expensive for lenses and the lack of pricing transparency is unnerving. I would like to know my other options.

rodgers12

Reaction score

photograft

Reaction score
I believe 1.67 are generally High Index lenses
Just had to look it up. Trivex is 1.53, whereas 1.67 refers to a specific variety of “High Index Plastic” as you say. I’d probably know these things if my vision Rx was stronger

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Would be cool if you could get lenses that are 6.9 or 4.20.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where can one get good quality prescriptions lenses done at “reasonable” prices in NYC?

I have always gotten my lenses done at the eyewear shops from which I purchased the frames. But the shops tend to be very expensive for lenses and the lack of pricing transparency is unnerving. I would like to know my other options.
Sorry might be answering the opposite of your question, but if your doing a tinted rx finding someone who can pick good color combos for JMM can be tricky. Anthony Aiden Opticians in NY, certainly not the cheapest, the owner had a really unique eye for color and his personal lightly tinted/gradiant frames looked sick. If your aren't doing a clear rx id have him run some ideas by you (completely changed what I wanted to do with my Ascari). Just shoot him straight with a budget can't see him wasting your time or up selling.

And now for something completely different

Favorite thing from trunk show Monday:
Not a particular frame, but a new clear glossy green acetate that is just sublime. Think half finished Jolly Rancher. Can't wait to see that material work it's way into some new frames, so far that I know it's just used on an upcoming collab (JMM AND Co) I can't imagine they'd let something so good come and go as a one off.

Also heard talk of an Ascari re release in solid black. New dream frame would the Ascari done in that new jolly rancher green.

Last edited:

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

88 Optical in LES is a supposedly the best place to get cheap lenses. I can't speak to quality comparative to the Anthony Aiden lenses – and specifically the AR coating – we discussed, but presumably they will cost you less. They don't require you to have bought your frames there, which is the other appeal.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry might be answering the opposite of your question, but if your doing a tinted rx finding someone who can pick good color combos for JMM can be tricky. Anthony Aiden Opticians in NY, certainly not the cheapest, the owner had a really unique eye for color and his personal lightly tinted/gradiant frames looked sick. If your aren't doing a clear rx id have him run some ideas by you (completely changed what I wanted to do with my Ascari). Just shoot him straight with a budget can't see him wasting your time or up selling.

And now for something completely different

Favorite thing from trunk show Monday:
Not a particular frame, but a new candy apple green semi clear acetate that is just sublime. Think half finished Jolly Rancher green. Can't wait to see that material work it's way into some new frames, so far that I know it's just used on an upcoming collab (JMM AND Co) I can't imagine they'd let something so good come and go as a one off.

Also heard talk of an Ascari re release in solid black. New dream frame would the Ascari done in that new jolly rancher green acetate.
Interesting but errrr - aren’t candy apples red?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads