• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow big glasses Austin Powers nerds.
A8A661FC-1D91-4257-83A4-6258B2EDDCC8.jpeg

Jaymig926

Reaction score
JMM has truly ruined every other glasses brand for me ever since I've gotten my hand on them
Agreed ! I’m obsessed ! Also I have a bunch of Robert Downey sunglasses from the marvel movies Different brands Tom Ford, Dita, Matsuda etc. also from Initium which supplies most of the glasses for the movies.

Jaymig926

Reaction score
Just picked up my last 3, I swear ! Dealan in Viper , Fitz in flash and a Torino in tempest. I am done for a while. Lol

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Came to talk transitions for my new Saints, left with some Ascaris. Love at first sight sorta thing. Might eventually put darker lenses in them, you can see me squinting, but the original color is really nice.

4.jpg

Happy with how the Saints look too, pretty sure I'll have transitions put in.
IMG_20200920_181804.jpg

Last edited:

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been going to Anne and Valentin on 2 Prince Street (They have two store fronts with different models) from the get go. They have the trunk shows pre season as well, so ask about getting on calendar for those. Overall their staff is good about shooting you straight if something doesn't work which can be hard to find.

Last edited:

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When the sales person initially brought out some options they warned me about the prices involved (suggesting a cheaper alternative maker) and began going through the varied details that justified JMM pricing. I let them know the pairs I owned, and mentioned my prior conversation with JMMs east coast sales rep. The Dean Delray - Jerome interview also came up. Wouldn't say anything so rude in person but this line came to mind:
5cEH.gif

instead I nodded and listed to how the acetate is re tumbled in wood chips for 36 hours before assembly.

Last edited:

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a JMM filled past couple days! Everyone say hi to Scott a, rep for JMM, I let him know about the secret gossip going on over here. Scott's the best (warm and knowledgeable) and not just because he hooked me up with the last Ascari in vintage tort. Can't say enough about these frames, just a great design in the best of the best material.
So some folks at JMM are checking this out, so best behavior you picky nerds!
IMG_20200921_181100.jpg

Might part with my saints, sf hookup to whoever wants them (maybe 5050 on keeping)

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Havana! I'll give you the deal Regis game me, just need a day or two to make up my mind!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads