• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't seen the vintage tort? Which models have that?
And yeah I almost ordered the Taos in Lava last week. I still might.

JDelage

Reaction score
I'm not sure there's any extant model with it but here it is on the Loewy: https://jacquesmariemage.com/product/601/

1_Loewy_Vintage_Tort_Front.jpg

FlowableFill

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do guys think about white frames? I like the idea but I'm not sure they would work in practice.

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
Seriously what is with JMM's allergy to polarized lenses. Why include it on some but not others?

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
What model X color way would you like to see made?

I'd like the Sturges in Hickory...

Been waiting for the Ascari in Havana 3. Had a JMM rep tentatively tell me 2021

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that.
Another sunglasses brand uses the term ‘Matt marmalade’ which looks similar. Great with green lenses too!
These were almost the first pair I bought, but ultimately chose the Jax. Still a great model.

Also, for those on the opposite end of the spectrum, the Hemmings are huge. REALLY wide. I tried those on at the trunk show and was like

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What do guys think about white frames? I like the idea but I'm not sure they would work in practice.

I think white frames could look good if you have a certain punk look. Kurt Cobain comes to mind.

I literally have these frames, but haven't put in lenses. I believe those are the military issued BCGs. Not sure I'm cool or hip enough to pull them off, but Mohawk General Store had some really good fit pics of people wearing them well.

JohnReading

Reaction score
Hey all another JMM user here, love there frames - son of the gun first frames from them , I’ve got 3 more frames coming including the Laramie Last frontier..??

Attachments

• 73F2CF46-C227-4A52-85C6-B337E97FEEB5.jpeg
    73F2CF46-C227-4A52-85C6-B337E97FEEB5.jpeg
    397.4 KB · Views: 106

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads