• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Molino 51 in Havana 3

So far, Havana 3 is my favourite colour which is what I was expecting. But I just don’t love the Molino, it seems very safe and almost boring.

at the moment I’m pretty set on keeping the Dealan.
I’m 50/50 on the Nokona too. Or I might try and find something else in Havana 3 later on instead.

I like the look of those (lenses nowhere near dark enough for me!) but as stated before I lean towards the more demure styles so I understand that those looking for a more outrageous look might find them a bit boring.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are cool. I shouldn’t say “boring”, but compared to other JMM they are pretty straight forward. I think they’d make really good readers though.

vincentkd88

Reaction score
That's cool, who made the case?

Also, really like the metal-work on the top/bridge.

I got the case from Hiromi from Teller Leather. I originally saw the case on the Horween website, but most of them were sold out. So I contacted her directly. Luckily for me, she had the Marbled Color 8 that I was looking for. She’s great! And all her products come with a nice personal touch.Very highly recommended.

vincentkd88

Reaction score
I came close to buying these a couple times but I'm pretty sure they're too large for me.
Since my face is a little wider, I was specifically looking for something bigger. All the other sunglasses that I tried on looked tiny on my face.
That being said, these are 52-20-143. I believe the Fellini’s that you’re a fan of are 51-20-150, so they’re not much wider than the Fellini’s.

vincentkd88

Reaction score
How do you find the peripheral shield things (idk the actual term) on the Borodino? I like the reference but I don’t know how much is like them in reality.
Agreed. I appreciate detailing . . . to a point. IMHO, Leisure Society takes it a bit too far. I have tried on several pairs of Leisure Society frames and always balked at the excessive engraving. It doesn't work for me.

Very cool! I really like those.

Exactly my concern. They look super cool in photos, but how do they work on the face and during sustained wear. I have tried these on but balked because of concerns about the shield.

as @RegisDB9 said, they don’t block your peripherals at all. I think they’re just aesthetics. I wouldn’t say it blocks any shade or your peripheral view.
The shields were what made me want to get them. It was different than anything else I’d seen. And once I was able to feel them in-hand, I knew I had to have them. I will say though, the shields do require an extra step to close the sunglasses. You have to close the shields, then close the arms. It doesn’t bother me, but I can see it being an inconvenience to others.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the case from Hiromi from Teller Leather. I originally saw the case on the Horween website, but most of them were sold out. So I contacted her directly. Luckily for me, she had the Marbled Color 8 that I was looking for. She’s great! And all her products come with a nice personal touch.Very highly recommended.

Yikes, $300!

Hard to get one for each of your glasses.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
RRL makes a concho leather case that I think fits JMM's aesthetic. I can't remember the price, but it's something around $150 IIRC

Not sure if they still have this model. I bought mine maybe two or three years ago?

It stores my Jules, but not the Taos.

rrl--Concho-Eyeglass-Case.jpeg

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since my face is a little wider, I was specifically looking for something bigger. All the other sunglasses that I tried on looked tiny on my face.
That being said, these are 52-20-143. I believe the Fellini’s that you’re a fan of are 51-20-150, so they’re not much wider than the Fellini’s.

I've found that JMMs fit large because of the acetate. I have a pair of titanium/thin-acetate tortoise combos that I wear that are 51, but I don't have much faith for JMM models. That includes the Fellinis, sadly.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s the deal with cases?
I have over thirty pairs of shades. I keep them in glass top display cases. When I take them out I’m either wearing them or they’re in the top chest pocket of my blazer or suit jacket. If I’m not wearing a jacket they get looped over my dog tag chain. All the cases (clamshells etc) are in a couple of shoeboxes in the loft!
I got a nice leather case from Suitsupply but never use it. It just adds bulk if it goes in a jacket pocket. If I’m travelling I got a rigid chrome case. I’m just not sure of the utility of a soft-ish leather case, nice as they may be.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s the deal with cases?
I have over thirty pairs of shades. I keep them in glass top display cases. When I take them out I’m either wearing them or they’re in the top chest pocket of my blazer or suit jacket. If I’m not wearing a jacket they get looped over my dog tag chain. All the cases (clamshells etc) are in a couple of shoeboxes in the loft!
I got a nice leather case from Suitsupply but never use it. It just adds bulk if it goes in a jacket pocket. If I’m travelling I got a rigid chrome case. I’m just not sure of the utility of a soft-ish leather case, nice as they may be.

I keep my glasses in cars, boats, and motorcycle saddle bags so they need some protection.

JDelage

Reaction score
What model X color way would you like to see made?

I'd like the Sturges in Hickory...

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just want some lighter tortoise shell. After getting the Havana 3 it’s just the ideal colourway and I hope after dark Havana they start going a bit lighter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads