• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have stopped into his shop a few times over the years. Always friendly service.

I agree that if you are going to use his service, take his time, and get his advice, then you should purchase from him if you decide to buy something. Obviously, if nothing works out, you are under no obligation and will not feel pressured.

Last edited:

JDelage

Reaction score
Prices for JMM do not seem to be lower online, generally speaking.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was about to say, unless the specific pair is on ebay or something there's a slim chance you'll find it cheaper. And even ebay prices are usually higher than retail, not lower. At most you'll save the sales tax.

vincentkd88

Reaction score
My one and only pair of JMM. The Borodino in Noir. I lusted over them for years. When I was finally able to make the purchase many years later, they were sold out everywhere. Through some hunting, friendly customer service, and a little bit of luck I was finally able to obtain my unicorn. I wasn’t a fan of the leather sleeve included so I splurged a bit and bought a Marbled Color 8 Horween Shell Cordovan case for it.
You guys all have amazing collections! I hope to be at that level one day.
800DF3BD-AF99-4C83-957C-8185377D38A0.jpeg
2E253794-55A0-475A-8072-B6658909B239.jpeg

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My one and only pair of JMM. The Borodino in Noir. I lusted over them for years. When I was finally able to make the purchase many years later, they were sold out everywhere. Through some hunting, friendly customer service, and a little bit of luck I was finally able to obtain my unicorn. I wasn’t a fan of the leather sleeve included so I splurged a bit and bought a Marbled Color 8 Horween Shell Cordovan case for it.
View attachment 1436901 View attachment 1436902
That's cool, who made the case?

Also, really like the metal-work on the top/bridge.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to recommend that you visit a local brick and mortar and use them as a sizing station before going off to price hunt on the Internet, but if you're asking whether they have iron gates and a buzzer, no – he's a nice guy.

Thanks, good to know. Yes, I wouldn't visit without the intent to purchase, no one likes that kinda buyer lol. Guess its just a matter if the shop would have a particular model to see how the fit is with my face shape.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, good to know. Yes, I wouldn't visit without the intent to purchase, no one likes that kinda buyer lol. Guess its just a matter if the shop would have a particular model to see how the fit is with my face shape.

What are you looking to try?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1436901 View attachment 1436902

I came close to buying these a couple times but I'm pretty sure they're too large for me.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How do you find the peripheral shield things (idk the actual term) on the Borodino? I like the reference but I don’t know how much is like them in reality.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are you looking to try?

I would want to see if they had the Jax, Molino 51? or a version of the Fitzgerald just to get a general sense of sizing the glasses. I know I couldn't do the oversized frames so I'd want a smaller shape to start out with. If there was an upcoming version of the Sartre I would probably just buy those without hesitation cause I love the look. I would probably call to see if they had any of those models in stock to try first as the East Village is a trek for me.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would want to see if they had the Jax, Molino 51? or a version of the Fitzgerald just to get a general sense of sizing the glasses. I know I couldn't do the oversized frames so I'd want a smaller shape to start out with. If there was an upcoming version of the Sartre I would probably just buy those without hesitation cause I love the look. I would probably call to see if they had any of those models in stock to try first as the East Village is a trek for me.

Give him a call to check but pretty sure he had all three a couple weeks ago when I was in.

Adroit

Reaction score
I'd avoid Leisure Society to be honest. The over-engineering point from @OccultaVexillum is correct on JMM, but is far more tasteful than Leisure Society. I bought a pair and returned them as the detailing and engraving work was just too ostentatious.

Agreed. I appreciate detailing . . . to a point. IMHO, Leisure Society takes it a bit too far. I have tried on several pairs of Leisure Society frames and always balked at the excessive engraving. It doesn't work for me.

My one and only pair of JMM. The Borodino in Noir.

Very cool! I really like those.

How do you find the peripheral shield things (idk the actual term) on the Borodino? I like the reference but I don’t know how much is like them in reality.

Exactly my concern. They look super cool in photos, but how do they work on the face and during sustained wear. I have tried these on but balked because of concerns about the shield.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

Had them and they actually didn’t limit my peripheral at all. I even wore them closed. In end it wasn’t for me. The Ash colorway is awesome though

E062F103-B75A-44B5-BB05-DE5B7A64B2A1.jpeg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Molino 51 in Havana 3

D752DCC6-2120-4458-ACE8-89B4E6DC1911.jpeg

573B9980-4357-431E-AF35-4778DEC4133B.jpeg

So far, Havana 3 is my favourite colour which is what I was expecting. But I just don’t love the Molino, it seems very safe and almost boring.

at the moment I’m pretty set on keeping the Dealan.
I’m 50/50 on the Nokona too. Or I might try and find something else in Havana 3 later on instead.

verver

Reaction score
Agree, Molina looks nondescript there. I reallly like Enzo and dealan on u.

edit: also agree w assessment nokona too small for u

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads