• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
?
That’s interesting. Do you think that about all cmaster styles?
I’ve never been into that style until these, and I can’t imagine this dude in a fedora ever.
51DB9408-5BC0-4D1F-B7C9-A8D4098F9A14.jpeg

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to say that I think the Fellini are still my favorite. I am not trying to go crazy but I accomplished what I set out to do, get one black and one brown. The Fellini make great driving glasses so they will live in the Alfa and the Torino will be my general purpose glasses.

Attachments

• IMG_20200805_164049786.jpg
    IMG_20200805_164049786.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_20200805_164023100.jpg
    IMG_20200805_164023100.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 282

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the Nokona for the two tone gold/black. Same reason I like the Sartre in that it gives off more of a 50's vibe, which for me is right in my lane haha.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah that’s why I like it too. Sartre was my first choice but I just couldn’t find that colour anywhere

WSW

Reaction score
I'll be NYC next week and looking to get my first pair of JMMs. Any recommendations for where to shop? Which store has the largest selection?

Anthony Aiden and Visionary Optics seem to have good reviews online.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How’s the quality of JMM? Sorry if thats a stupid question.

Considering some more “independent” brands away from the bigger name fashion houses like YSL and Tom Ford.

Other brands I’m looking at are Leisure Project which from what I can tell has great quality and even more niche, or EB Meyrowitz which is probably out of my price range at 2x what JMM or other brands cost.

I'd avoid Leisure Society to be honest. The over-engineering point from @OccultaVexillum is correct on JMM, but is far more tasteful than Leisure Society. I bought a pair and returned them as the detailing and engraving work was just too ostentatious. Plus the case and packaging made it look like it had come from Etsy.

EB Meyrowitz, I have not seen in person, but I cannot see the difference in charging that much. Being from the UK, I know that brands that have St James, Savile Row esque heritage like to charge a premium for such provenance. Sometimes it is justified, but I do think some try and see what they can get away with.

Plus, I love the fact that JMM has a following in its itself, as shown here. I've looked for a group like this as an outlet to talk about JMM for a while, so why not join the gang?! :D

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never been a particular fan of the Nokona, but you rock them! Definitely my favorite of the three on you. The Dealan works, but I am constantly drawn to the cat-eye element.

I have several JMM hard cases. Not sure if there is a distinct pattern.
I have all three of the designs of case, bar the Last Frontier :(, and the hard cases are definitely more robust. As you say, not sure what the logic is in terms of which pair of Titanium frames get which case. I recognize that I may want to sell pairs in the future, so I only use one of the leather cases, which came with my original Jules pair and has more wear/patina on it. I also bought a seal-able leather case, as I have had the frames slide out the case more than once! That way all the accessories, bar the frames themselves, are deadstock.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@OccultaVexillum I told you before but I don't like those cmasters. They don't feel all that special, and I do think more details would help them be more interesting.

But most importantly, they're too small for your face. They fit the jmm model in a bit of an oversized way, which give them a different vibe to what you're getting.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be NYC next week and looking to get my first pair of JMMs. Any recommendations for where to shop? Which store has the largest selection?

Anthony Aiden and Visionary Optics seem to have good reviews online.

Anthony is my du and has a pretty wide selection. You need to call ahead to make an appointment.

Reactions: WSW

JDelage

Reaction score
It looks like the JMM titanium frames are consistently more expensive than the acetate ones, correct?

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anthony is my du and has a pretty wide selection. You need to call ahead to make an appointment.

Are they good about just wanting to try on the frames to get a feel for the different models? I'm in Nyc too and I definitely need to try a few things on to gauge fit.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are they good about just wanting to try on the frames to get a feel for the different models? I'm in Nyc too and I definitely need to try a few things on to gauge fit.

I'm not going to recommend that you visit a local brick and mortar and use them as a sizing station before going off to price hunt on the Internet, but if you're asking whether they have iron gates and a buzzer, no – he's a nice guy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads