• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Loosely translates to "with" in Chinese. Depending on the context or in combination with other characters, could also be "and", "mix", "together", or "peace" which I guess all make sense for a joint?

Do any of you ever worry about acetate based frames warping in a hot car during the summer?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loosely translates to "with" in Chinese. Depending on the context or in combination with other characters, could also be "and", "mix", "together", or "peace" which I guess all make sense for a joint?

Do any of you ever worry about acetate based frames warping in a hot car during the summer?

I live in NYC so, no. But don't leave your sunglasses in your car in the Summer.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live in NYC so, no. But don't leave your sunglasses in your car in the Summer.

I always have a pair of sunglasses in every car. Never had any issues. If my Persols have lasted in a hot car for 5 years, I'm sure JMM can handle it.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. The Byron fits great. At 48/22, it is within my sweet spot for JMM acetate (47-51). You mentioned the Zephirin. The standard Zephirin 44 is small and much smaller than the Byron. However, the Zephirin 47 is meaningfully larger – this is the model I own. The Byron and the Zephirin 47 are similar in size and fit.

The Byron does a great job of blending the acetate frame with the titanium temple. I love the way the temple merges with the frame at an angle.

View attachment 1435876

View attachment 1435877

Can anyone translate this engraving on the temple:

View attachment 1435878
The rep at the trunk show said the Japanese manufacturer stamps/engraves their logo on the temples.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do any of you have any of the 'frost' colourways? How do you feel about them?

JDelage

Reaction score
Do any of you have any of the 'frost' colourways? How do you feel about them?
Looking at the Fitzgerald page I noticed that the only 2 versions still available on JMM's site are the clear acetate ones. I wonder if it's because they're the latest produced or if they're less popular.

For what it's worth, I think they look lovely and I would completely wear them.

JDelage

Reaction score
I think it is meant to be Jerome Mage's hat-tip to the Wayfarer, that JFK was known to wear.

Ooops, I was wrong:
https://jacquesmariemage.com/blog/43/

Quote: "Kennedy was frequently photographed wearing the American Optical (AO) Saratoga, often mistaken for Ray-Ban Wayfarers, even though the Saratoga's thinner stem gave it an elegance the Wayfarers lacked."

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I like the frost cw too, but that’s not something I’d ever really considered with glasses before.
I don’t really like the “clear” colour with the green lens, but “frost” is great or the Squarzi “charcoal”.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dropped the Torino Tempest off at Costco today. Getting green transitions lenses installed. I'll see how that turnes out in a week or so.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My current JMM sunglasses

Baudelaire Gold Antique

View attachment 1435628

Molino 51 Havana 4

View attachment 1435632

Jax Noir 3

View attachment 1435633

Byron 51 Havana

View attachment 1435634

Baudelaire Flint

View attachment 1435635

Fitzgerald Flash

View attachment 1435636

Scarpa Antique

View attachment 1435638

Zephirin 47 Noir 3

View attachment 1435639
The Byrons seem to use the same titanium side/temple design carried over from the Clyfford from the original optical Circa collection. I'm glad they're being remixed, I love the way it interacts with the front. Here's my Clyffords (a couple years old now):

DSC09273.jpg DSC09281.jpg DSC09283.jpg DSC09278.jpg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Here are pics from the trunk show. It's been a few days and I tried on so many I forgot which is which. Warning: lotsa iPhone pics, bad hair day, etc:

Hard to tell with the mask, but I think the Taos and the browline model look best on you.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah the Taos is so good. Really partial to the Enzo too. Fellini third, but I feel the Molinos that I already have are too close to it. I like the White Light way more than I should, perhaps because the top part bows downward a bit, which is really unique. The browline is aight but I'm not feeling it too strongly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics