• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Torino came in today in two colorways. This is a more "normal" model but I like it, I guess I'm a normal J Crew t-shirt type of guy. I love the heavy hinges on the Fellini but dislike the gold although it is nice to have a more "out there" piece.

My problem is that I like both of the Torinos. Does it make sense to have two of the same model? I actually like it a little better than the Fellinis I think. Although, if I keep all three, I will have a brown, a black, and grey, and my old Persol sunglasses which are blue (I'm trying to justify keeping them all to myself).

My other thought was to put prescription transition lenses in the Tempest. I can easily pop those lenses out to see how that would look and then take them down to my local Costco to get fitted.

Please excuse my face which is still a bit scratched up from a mountain biking mishap.

Thoughts?

IMG_20200801_171711262_PORTRAIT.jpg
IMG_20200801_171715895_PORTRAIT.jpg
IMG_20200801_171822851.jpg
IMG_20200801_171827487.jpg

Last edited:

malcolmbw

Reaction score
Torino came in today in two colorways. This is a more "normal" model but I like it, I guess I'm a normal J Crew t-shirt type of guy. I love the heavy hinges on the Fellini but dislike the gold although it is nice to have a more "out there" piece.

My problem is that I like both of the Torinos. Does it make sense to have two of the same model? I actually like it a little better than the Fellinis I think. Although, if I keep all three, I will have a brown, a black, and grey, and my old Persol sunglasses which are blue (I'm trying to justify keeping them all to myself).

My other thought was to put prescription transition lenses in the Tempest. I can easily pop those lenses out to see how that would look and then take them down to my local Costco to get fitted.

Please excuse my face which is still a bit scratched up from a mountain biking mishap.

Thoughts?

View attachment 1434442 View attachment 1434443 View attachment 1434444 View attachment 1434445

Darker Torinos look the best on you out of all the frames you've posted.

Side note, anyone here tried the Hemmings?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Darker Torinos look the best on you out of all the frames you've posted.

Based on those pictures, I tend to agree with you although I find black to be quite severe. For sure the most versatile (and great with a black sports car).

On another note, I popped out the lenses and I think they make some great prescription frames.

IMG_20200801_191119529.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200801_191128023.jpg
    IMG_20200801_191128023.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on those pictures, I tend to agree with you although I find black to be quite severe. For sure the most versatile (and great with a black sports car).

On another note, I popped out the lenses and I think they make some great prescription frames.

View attachment 1434477
I like the black better as well, thought it'll be hard to tell until we see the pushups.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the black better as well, thought it'll be hard to tell until we see the pushups.

Birthday pushups tomorrow for big 40. I'm getting old.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Yeah I guess you would lose some of what makes it special.
But if they removed the turquoise eagle, scrapped the woven case and all the boxing details, then it should get the price down under 1k at least.

So i still have no clue what's going on with my Nokona, JMM haven't shipped them yet so I'm starting to wonder if it's OOS. If is I just need to know so I can try them from another retailer.

But I'm still planning the next pair. The shortlist is.
Molino 51 in Havana 3
Jax in Havana 3
Delean in Lava or Buffalo

I wish I could find the Sartre in Noir some place. Has anybody seen it? Does anybody own the Sartre? I think @RegisDB9 does? I'm just not in love with the silver trim on the graphite pair. The gold is so good on the Noir.

And if I can get my insurance to cover some opticals I was thinking the Lowey or Felix could be dope.

I had them but returned in hopes they do a coffee color way like the Beaus

E62DF49B-D1B8-42ED-AC60-D25C13D5F502.jpeg

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thoughts?

View attachment 1434442 View attachment 1434443 View attachment 1434444 View attachment 1434445

Still like the Fellinis the best.

Don’t they have beveled edges?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just watched Ford vs. Ferrari (I know, for being a car guy, I'm late) and I have to say Matt's glasses (as Carroll Shelby) are pretty damn cool.

By the way, I routed for Ferrari the whole time.

JDelage

Reaction score
Just watched Ford vs. Ferrari (I know, for being a car guy, I'm late) and I have to say Matt's glasses (as Carroll Shelby) are pretty damn cool.
Entourage of 7 Beacon, which I have on order. I agree they look awesome.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@RegisDB9 do you have on face pics with the Sturges? Or any comparison to anything else? Like a rounded Enzo?

side note:
That Dean Delray podcast was a ******* nightmare. I was interested in what Jerome had to say but that host sucked so much. I couldn’t get through it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics