• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Totally agree! Trying them on is key, either in a shop nearby (ha!) or just order a bunch from the JMM online shop and return all or what ever you don't like or doesn't fit

I think they are literally going for the Yves, as in YSL look :)

View attachment 1433519
Yeah but just like the Delean (Dylan) and Enzo (Ferrari) the Yves go for a heavier interpretation of the originals’ look.
I like the idea of heavy acetate, I like the boldness (to an extent) but for me it’s a case of like I said above, finding a pair that have semi-classic lines but are just bold enough to be set apart from run-of-the-mill wayfarers or whatever.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am really liking the Fellini (now that I sort of shaved as I have family visiting). They have found their spot in the Alfa Romeo and that is where they will stay. They do add to the whole Italian-ness.

I am doing a 22 day pushup challenge video to drive awareness for the 22 veterans a day who commit suicide and I forgot that I had them on. I was pretty happy with the way they looked once I watched the video, no regrets.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am really liking the Fellini (now that I sort of shaved as I have family visiting). They have found their spot in the Alfa Romeo and that is where they will stay. They do add to the whole Italian-ness.

I am doing a 22 day pushup challenge video to drive awareness for the 22 veterans a day who commit suicide and I forgot that I had them on. I was pretty happy with the way they looked once I watched the video, no regrets.
so ummm...where is the video

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's a great cause, is it a fundraiser or something? I'd be happy to donate a little bit if you can send a link, it'd probably only be $20. I have a baby and mortgage and not too much disposable income.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a great cause, is it a fundraiser or something? I'd be happy to donate a little bit if you can send a link, it'd probably only be $20. I have a baby and mortgage and not too much disposable income.

It is a non-profit. One of my old Air Force buddies tagged me on Facebook. You have to film yourself doing 22 pushups a day for 22 days and tag other vets.

Here is their site.

Valfunde

Reaction score

$2600. Wondering if it would actually be cheaper getting it overseas and having it shipped to the US.

Edit: Actually I think this is the same seller on ebay going by the numbers.

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since Timbaland donated...

Bravo - good cause, and you seem to have good form on the pushups!
I’m not on Facebook but my missus is and some of my mates are her ‘friends’. One of them was doing this challenge or something like it. I was all for applauding his efforts till several days in I realised he was doing them on his knees the bloody wimp!!

Anyway the Molinis look good. Maybe slightly wide on your face but not excessively so that they would look wrong. I’m still a bit baffled / concerned as I said upthread that the stock tints aren’t dark enough for my Nordic photo-sensitivity and resultant squinting on anything above a cloudy day.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bravo - good cause, and you seem to have good form on the pushups!
I’m not on Facebook but my missus is and some of my mates are her ‘friends’. One of them was doing this challenge or something like it. I was all for applauding his efforts till several days in I realised he was doing them on his knees the bloody wimp!!

Anyway the Molinis look good. Maybe slightly wide on your face but not excessively so that they would look wrong. I’m still a bit baffled / concerned as I said upthread that the stock tints aren’t dark enough for my Nordic photo-sensitivity and resultant squinting on anything above a cloudy day.

Pushups on his knees? That is some weaksauce. I am on day 18 and have been running out of creative ways to do them. I did them one day with a clap (which was pretty damn hard), I did them on the beach, I did them with my three year old on my back, I did them with my legs elevated, etc. Turning 40 this weekend, I gotta keep up with the kids.

I hear you on the lenses. I have not used them in very bright Arizona type sun yet as I just keep them in one of the cars. Also, with my darker complexion and eyes, it probably is not much of an issue.

I know the glasses are a little wide, but that is the intended look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads