• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

swf999

Reaction score
I definitely loving the Pinedale. Loving those curves

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always love the LF line, don’t care what negative nellys say on here. Gonna get the pinedale in argyle

Get what you want, but don't be offensive towards people who think differently. Nobody will tell you not to buy a frame you like, but tastes are different.

Personally, I wouldn't get the LF models even if they were priced like the regular line, because I dislike those flashy embellishments.

swf999

Reaction score
So far I pre-ordered Saburo during Dec trunk show.

I have few short listed for future:
Pinedale
Challenger (thicker Domoto frame)
Johnny Cash

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So far I pre-ordered Saburo during Dec trunk show.

I have few short listed for future:
Pinedale
Challenger (thicker Domoto frame)
Johnny Cash

So, the name of that Domoto-like frame is Challenger?
I'm interested too, even though I like the Domoto better.

The Johnny Clash is stunning, but that pin looks weird.

swf999

Reaction score
So, the name of that Domoto-like frame is Challenger?
I'm interested too, even though I like the Domoto better.

The Johnny Clash is stunning, but that pin looks weird.
Yes, Challenger is the name. I asked the JMM rep last week.

swf999

Reaction score
I got this Panto Frame from an Independent spectacles maker from Scotland UK called Banton Frameworks.

I had tried JMM Kellerman before but they just didn't fit me right. The paddle temples of JMM doesn't fit me as I wear flat caps & hats and they come jn the way.

The ones from Banton Frameworks are more very tailored to my smaller face.

Photo 1: I put forest green tint with AR front & bank on my prescription. Transitions to Graphite Green Gen 8.

Photo 2: Me wearing them before the tint.

Attachments

• 2023_0218_16353700 (1).jpg
    2023_0218_16353700 (1).jpg
    368.3 KB · Views: 193
  • SmartSelect_20230401-172239_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230401-172239_Gallery.jpg
    689.2 KB · Views: 220

cheetoincharge

Reaction score
Just got my first pair of zephirins with a new Rx, does anyone trust a specific place in the USA to get their lenses done? I have seen a few mentioned on here, but they all seem to get great feedback.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got this Panto Frame from an Independent spectacles maker from Scotland UK called Banton Frameworks.

I had tried JMM Kellerman before but they just didn't fit me right. The paddle temples of JMM doesn't fit me as I wear flat caps & hats and they come jn the way.

The ones from Banton Frameworks are more very tailored to my smaller face.

Photo 1: I put forest green tint with AR front & bank on my prescription. Transitions to Graphite Green Gen 8.

Photo 2: Me wearing them before the tint.

This looks great.

swf999

Reaction score
Just got my first pair of zephirins with a new Rx, does anyone trust a specific place in the USA to get their lenses done? I have seen a few mentioned on here, but they all seem to get great feedback.
If you have Progressive lens prescription, I strongly suggest you going to actual place. This is important as they have to mark your iris position for digital transitioning from long distance vision to short distance vision.

If it is single vision only, then Black Optical in Tulsa is good. Call and see if they can do it via post. If you don't need tint, any reputable JMM dealer store should work. They all send to their labs anyways. I say JMM dealers so at least they can handle the frames bit carefully.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads