• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dealan in Havana 6.

Screenshot (220).png

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About Bloodstone: frankly don't understand these several variations on black, the more this one appears "just" black outside. But certainly there will be also fans.
Totally agree.
I think this is just JMM’s way of getting around the limitations of limited editions. Black is always likely to be among the most popular colour, so instead of having a not-very-limited run of say 1000 Dealans in ‘black’ they can have five ‘limited edition’ runs of 200 each in ‘ebony’, ‘bloodstone’, ‘obsidian’, ‘marquina’, ‘noir’ etc. I chuckle at the ever more creative ways they attempt to come up with a more elaborate way to describe black!

mbf123

Reaction score
Totally agree.
I think this is just JMM’s way of getting around the limitations of limited editions. Black is always likely to be among the most popular colour, so instead of having a not-very-limited run of say 1000 Dealans in ‘black’ they can have five ‘limited edition’ runs of 200 each in ‘ebony’, ‘bloodstone’, ‘obsidian’, ‘marquina’, ‘noir’ etc. I chuckle at the ever more creative ways they attempt to come up with a more elaborate way to describe black!
Don’t forget ‘beluga’ or ‘titan’.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Midnight" of course. Or rather "Minuit" (midnight in French)

tobehknese

Reaction score
ok story time.

so a couple months ago i bought a pair of enzos from mr.p and it was switched and baited with another pair of similar looking oliver peoples (or garrett leight i forgot) luckily mr.p did a full refund.

last nov, i was able to score a pair of fellini in eclipse via ssense private sale, guess what? after months of back and forth. it turns out usps uploaded a screenshot of a fake random signature saying it was signed from a wrong address. i am grateful ssense did also honor a refund but damn, i've been eyeing the fellini in eclipse for a while. in fact, i saved a spot for it in my case.

i don't see the fellini in eclipse is available now unfortunately. but the closest thing i see are 1) walker in eclipse 2) fellini in agar. quite torn in between both options. as i do like the detailing of the fellini but prefer black frames to fill that void. any thoughts would be appreciated.

IMG_3944.JPG
Enzos x Alessandro Squarzi in Beige & Taos in Hickory

fmvazquez

Reaction score
ok story time.

so a couple months ago i bought a pair of enzos from mr.p and it was switched and baited with another pair of similar looking oliver peoples (or garrett leight i forgot) luckily mr.p did a full refund.

last nov, i was able to score a pair of fellini in eclipse via ssense private sale, guess what? after months of back and forth. it turns out usps uploaded a screenshot of a fake random signature saying it was signed from a wrong address. i am grateful ssense did also honor a refund but damn, i've been eyeing the fellini in eclipse for a while. in fact, i saved a spot for it in my case.

i don't see the fellini in eclipse is available now unfortunately. but the closest thing i see are 1) walker in eclipse 2) fellini in agar. quite torn in between both options. as i do like the detailing of the fellini but prefer black frames to fill that void. any thoughts would be appreciated.

View attachment 1885705
Enzos x Alessandro Squarzi in Beige & Taos in Hickory
Fellini Agar would perfectly fill that spot ;)

Calin

Reaction score
`ello!
Anyone was able to find a reliable optician in Europe for custom tint prescription lenses? Other than Zeiss which have some pre-defined catalogue colors (pretty expensive also), I don't know any.

Last edited:

basscellosax

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone tried JMM Stellar (Evangeline Smyrniotaki collection)?

They look absolutely amazing in pictures.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Darkened OG lenses on my Camel Vendome came out ace. Just got them straight from the box and will take better pics later. Highly recommend for anyone who thinks like me that the Vendome Camel had way too light tints

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I vote “Black Noir” btw

1675277514925.jpeg

Or Medianoche which is different shades of black stacked on top of each other……like a sandwhich

mbf123

Reaction score
Darkened OG lenses on my Camel Vendome came out ace. Just got them straight from the box and will take better pics later. Highly recommend for anyone who thinks like me that the Vendome Camel had way too light tints
How'd you darken the lenses? I have a Molino camel that I have dark brown polarized lenses in but sometimes I like the lighter fashion look and pop the originals back in. They are just too light though (compared to the Fellini agar lenses which are light too, but dark enough to not be ridiculous). Did you do it yourself or send it off somewhere?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads