• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

JDelage

Reaction score
Anyone here has the Sandro? They seem to have added detailing along the hinge, similar to what's seen on the Last Frontier collection.

photograft

Reaction score

malcolmbw

Reaction score
Got the army Yves in, cool frames but not sure they suit my style.

Would be open to trading or selling if anyone's interested in them - looking for dark havana/noir/rover Fellini, clear Ascari or vintage tort Loewy.

Attachments

The Silky

Reaction score
Got the army Yves in, cool frames but not sure they suit my style.

Would be open to trading or selling if anyone's interested in them - looking for dark havana/noir/rover Fellini, clear Ascari or vintage tort Loewy.
That's too big for you.

malcolmbw

Reaction score
Yep I agree, shame because I really like these and the Hemmings but it just doesn't work with my face.

photograft

Reaction score
Yep I agree, shame because I really like these and the Hemmings but it just doesn't work with my face.
What sort of effect are you going for? What is it that specifically drew you to this frame? Do you know the width of other frames that you like the look of?

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decided I prefer Havana over Amber. Selling the Enzos in Amber, comes with box & documents, will sell at a bit of a discount. PM if interested.

EDIT: sold
91C2E84D-897E-4E5C-A3BD-B7782CFC7FC3.jpeg

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is it OK to post brands in here that feel JMM adjacent?

Recently discovered Haffmans & Neumeister. They're kinda minimalist, kinda avant-garde, kinda "Antwerp" designer-y. But some models also seem slightly sleazy in the JMM way

The Nolan model caught my eye, in particular. Size is 55mm, so oversized like JMM. But made from thin metal and probably more comfortable than thick acetate. I can imagine these with slim black jeans and a black leather jacket.

118924731_313915123269229_5758670741305453941_n.jpg
120028947_616033892407323_7939189477391729656_n.jpg
89864025_862932254132946_3251127231968949532_n.jpg

photograft

Reaction score
Recently discovered Haffmans & Neumeister. They're kinda minimalist, kinda avant-garde, kinda "Antwerp" designer-y. But some models also seem slightly sleazy in the JMM way
I guess I can kinda see what you're saying, but to me I can't unsee a blend of Mykita and Lindberg, both brands of which are mostly known for thin and light metal frames. I would say overall their style mirrors Mykita more-so than Lindberg. I don't so much see the JMM vibe personally

rodgers12

Reaction score
I guess I can kinda see what you're saying, but to me I can't unsee a blend of Mykita and Lindberg, both brands of which are mostly known for thin and light metal frames. I would say overall their style mirrors Mykita more-so than Lindberg. I don't so much see the JMM vibe personally
Inclined to agree that they resemble Mykita more-so than JMM due to their emphasis on thin wiry metal temples although they do have some large lenses.

I know JMM carries thin frames, but they're defined by their chunky thick acetate aesthetic imo.

Interesting to see that Jerome follows them though.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Think you may be right, they are more Mykita ish. I suppose I can imagine wearing these in the same outfits as the ones that I think go with JMM. They have a slightly sleazy feel to me, whereas Mykita feels cleaner.

photograft

Reaction score
Think you may be right, they are more Mykita ish. I suppose I can imagine wearing these in the same outfits as the ones that I think go with JMM. They have a slightly sleazy feel to me, whereas Mykita feels cleaner.
I bet if you browse the Mykita website you’ll find plenty of “sleazy” looking frames

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's