• Our featured affiliate vendor of the week is Larimars Luxury Menswear Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, specializes in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check them out and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
Hi Mike. Wishing you peace. I have always appreciated your insight and grace. Take care, sending prayers for a full and speedy recovery from MN!
I must say, you all have really made me feel like a member of your community, and it has been a very nice experience, as I admire and respect so many of you, well….except…well, you know…we all do.

😉

Thank you for your support and encouragement not to mention all your witty insights and excellent taste.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i've run into at least 5 people in my office building who are wearing JMM opticals or coming with sunglasses over the past 2 months. i've never come across anyone wearing them in the wild before. my profession isn't really know for being a fashion forward industry so it's kinda funny that there's this concentration. it could honestly be that one of the stores in the building started selling them but still, very much becoming less of a niche brand now i think.

not that i think this is a bad thing, just wild to me that people who wouldn't ever consider themselves "enthusiasts" are dropping that kind of money on eyewear, especially at the new price points.

Since wearing JMM at work, people have been asking me questions about the brand.

A year on, there's 2 of those people who wear JMM and I don't think they will be the last.

lsterling

Reaction score
Had the pleasure of meeting up IRL with @swf999 this evening at Black Optical's JMM event celebrating the launch of the Herbie. It was a blast! Great to connect with other enthusiasts and see some awesome frames! received_881375489881160.jpeg received_543052341054003.jpeg

Calin

Reaction score
Heeei guys! So nice seeing you ;)

Maybe you can share a bit from the show aswell

lsterling

Reaction score
Heeei guys! So nice seeing you ;)

Maybe you can share a bit from the show aswell
I so wish I could but I've been sworn to secrecy! I will say that the Herbie really surprised me with how much I like its shape. At first glance I thought it was a pretty run-of-the-mill frame, but once I tried it on I must say that I'm impressed with what they did with that frame. It certainly deserves a try-on. The next Last Frontier collection, for those of you who are waiting for it, will be coming in the spring.

On a side note, they were selling a few archival pieces to support the Tulsa Youth Symphony - the Arapaho and PCH were especially noteworthy. They auctioned a Turquoise Ascari and Cobalt Herbie as well. The highlight, honestly, was getting to rub elbows with real life and online friends alike and talking shop with Gary Black, Steven from JMM, so on and so forth.

MoreArtPlease

Reaction score
New to the forum but am a JMM enthusiast! Not sure if anyone here was looking for Evans but hellovisionist stocked them today in all 3 colors on their site and I’ve been looking for them since I missed the original release !

Here’s the link-

Have a great day guys! Happy to be here!

lsterling

Reaction score
New to the forum but am a JMM enthusiast! Not sure if anyone here was looking for Evans but hellovisionist stocked them today in all 3 colors on their site and I’ve been looking for them since I missed the original release !

Here’s the link-

Have a great day guys! Happy to be here!
Welcome!

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone had an opportunity to try the Herbie? It's really piqued my interest and was curious if anyone can compare it to any of the other JLM frames?

MoreArtPlease

Reaction score
Anyone had an opportunity to try the Herbie? It's really piqued my interest and was curious if anyone can compare it to any of the other JLM frames?

I had the opportunity of trying these on this past week in the black fade. I’d say they were comparable to the Fitzgerald with the temples being slimmer on the Herbies.

ColdinMN

Reaction score

I have tried them on recently. I don’t have experience with a large number of frames. I would say that they’re lighter than the Molino or Dealan, but heavier than the Prudhon. Maybe similar to the Arshile? I actually liked them a lot more than I thought.

lsterling

Reaction score
I have tried them on recently. I don’t have experience with a large number of frames. I would say that they’re lighter than the Molino or Dealan, but heavier than the Prudhon. Maybe similar to the Arshile? I actually liked them a lot more than I thought.
They do bear some resemblance to Arshile. Kind of an Arshile/Fitzgerald crossover. I also feel like it could be an all-acetate take on a Clubmaster-ish frame. Definitely a cool one.

Featured Sponsor

Corduroy…who wore it best?

• @khughes44

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • @duke santos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • @DavidLane

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • @Old Red

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • @Chadclass

Votes: 15 21.1%