• Our featured affiliate vendor of the week is Larimars Luxury Menswear Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, specializes in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check them out and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

lsterling

Reaction score
So I asked this question a while back without an answer and then reached out to JJM. They do offer original lens replacement. It was $150. Passing along in case anyone finds that useful.
That is good to know but oof. Can get way better lenses put in for around the same, as long as you don't care about them being the same as original.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is good to know but oof. Can get way better lenses put in for around the same, as long as you don't care about them being the same as original.
Yeah and as discussed in here JMM lenses often aren’t that special.
I got my LF Rawlins and they came with clear optical dummy lenses. I sent them to zoom for blue lenses but was disappointed with the result - nice colour but not dark enough.
A few years ago I was looking for replacement lenses for a pair of New Wayfsrers and was about to buy some off eBay until I noticed that the vendor was not far from me in Clearwater FL so I went in person to get them replaced.
For some reason I’d forgotten about this until recently but took my Rawlins there a couple of weeks ago. The place is called ’Fuse Lenses’ they put in midnight blue flash lenses in while I waited and with a cleaning cloth and fluid it came to $50. I’m much happier with how they look. They don’t have a massive range but do have some more exotic flash (subtle mirror) colours.

https://www.fuselenses.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6b_MucvX-wIV0IFaBR0FVwAIEAAYASAAEgI5FvD_BwE

fmvazquez

Reaction score
Molino in Root Beer, keep it or leave it?
(Considering that I already have the Dealan Hickory and Dealan VT3)
This would be my first Molino.
Thanks 😎
3D7C7C3E-7130-406F-B489-627AD113D9E4.jpeg 579F19DF-DA3C-4613-B65A-530FC08A6482.jpeg

Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Molino in Root Beer, keep it or leave it?
(Considering that I already have the Dealan Hickory and Dealan VT3)
This would be my first Molino.
Thanks 😎 View attachment 1862955 View attachment 1862956

You probably already know my answer.

As often was said, the Molino is a classy, versatile model, and the Rootbeer is a gorgeous colouway. Now it's up to you, if you want to increase your collection, or instead want to limit it to a few pieces. In the latter case, this model would be a partial juxtaposition with the other frames you mentioned. On the other hand I find the Molino significantly different from the Dealan.

Last edited:

fmvazquez

Reaction score
You probably already know my answer.

As often was said, the Molino is a classy, versatile model, and the Rootbeer is a gorgeous colouway. Now it's up to you, if you want to increase your collection, or instead want to limit it to a few pieces. In the latter case, this model would be a partial juxtaposition with the other frames you mentioned. On the other hand I find the Molino significantly different from the Dealan.
Hi Dorian, appreciate your feedback! I also find the Molino and Dealan significantly different.
My collection is intentionally quite homogene, moving between black, tortoise and brown colors in Dealan/Fellinish frames. Might be a keep :)

fmvazquez

Reaction score
They look absolutely fine. Your only real decision is to whether the overlap with your existing shades is narrow enough to warrant owning another in similar vein.
I have this 'problem' with everything; jeans, shoes, shirts but I guess gives an identity 😅

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have this 'problem' with everything; jeans, shoes, shirts but I guess gives an identity 😅
Yeah it’s interesting how some people whether we’re taking JMMs or entire wardrobes go for wide variety while others walk a narrow lane. Nothing wrong with either approach of course. I remember being in a local tailor shop and fantasising about owning loads of suits in medium blue - a herringbone, a Prince of wales, a self stripe, a sharkskin, a houndstooth etc - all just slightly different. Would make accessories easy!

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah it’s interesting how some people whether we’re taking JMMs or entire wardrobes go for wide variety while others walk a narrow lane. Nothing wrong with either approach of course. I remember being in a local tailor shop and fantasising about owning loads of suits in medium blue - a herringbone, a Prince of wales, a self stripe, a sharkskin, a houndstooth etc - all just slightly different. Would make accessories easy!

I'm on the other side, I really appreciate the most possible variety, even though I always want to show my distinctive style.
Speaking of JMM, I have the Kobo and the Devaux, and I love both of them.

fmvazquez

Reaction score
I'm on the other side, I really appreciate the most possible variety, even though I always want to show my distinctive style.
Speaking of JMM, I have the Kobo and the Devaux, and I love both of them.
In Root Beer you mean? How easy is it for you to wear the Kobo?

Featured Sponsor

Corduroy…who wore it best?

• @khughes44

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • @duke santos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • @DavidLane

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • @Old Red

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • @Chadclass

Votes: 15 21.1%