• Our featured affiliate vendor of the week is Larimars Luxury Menswear Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, specializes in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check them out and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And finally a big thanks to whoever it was upthread who recommended Ghichaud as the manufacturer of those swanky suitcases. They have an amazing range of colour combinations - many in stock for immediate delivery and others can be special ordered. My personal preference - again in bright blue - was in stock so here it is …

81766B06-1888-4243-8D0D-9FB15E5A0399.jpeg
388700EA-0155-421B-B21B-D98C99B9EC9B.jpeg

Top left - Comanche in reserve
Too right - Fatale in blue
Mid left - Herbie in blue
Mid right - LF Rawlins in black with custom blue flash lenses
Bottom left - Fellini in hickory
Bottom right - Yellowstone Dealan in wolf

tobehknese

Reaction score
And finally a big thanks to whoever it was upthread who recommended Ghichaud as the manufacturer of those swanky suitcases. They have an amazing range of colour combinations - many in stock for immediate delivery and others can be special ordered. My personal preference - again in bright blue - was in stock so here it is …

View attachment 1861994 View attachment 1861995
looks incredible! can you share the link to the case please

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks incredible! can you share the link to the case please
Try this …

They were excellent to deal with. A bit old fashioned ie not set up for PayPal etc but smooth transaction. I speak passable French which made it easier up front but then dealt with Eric who speaks good English. I think case plus postage was around $300 and it was delivered in about three days. Quality is great.
Only drawback is that I don’t think I’ll take it out of the house so it will just be my own luxurious way of stashing my JMMs!

tobehknese

Reaction score
Try this …

They were excellent to deal with. A bit old fashioned ie not set up for PayPal etc but smooth transaction. I speak passable French which made it easier up front but then dealt with Eric who speaks good English. I think case plus postage was around $300 and it was delivered in about three days. Quality is great.
Only drawback is that I don’t think I’ll take it out of the house so it will just be my own luxurious way of stashing my JMMs!
thanks so much!

swf999

Reaction score

View attachment 1861994 View attachment 1861995
T Henri makes similar briefcases. Their Monaco series! It is super sleek but expensive AF

Last edited:

Calin

Reaction score
Got a few incoming recently.
First up Fatale. I know titanium frames aren’t usually that popular here.
I never cared much for the Velvet Underground but when I was a teenager I was massively influenced by The Jam.

Fatale suits you really nice and there is also an extra plus - it 'completes' your Bowie look 😏

Pureneat

Reaction score
Next up - Herbie in blue.
I find the variance in the JMM thread amusing as there’s a broad range of tastes. I admit to leaning towards the more conservative end of the spectrum. I like the chunky acetate but not the huge frames like Kobo and Taos. Conversely I’m getting bored with so many frames coming out in variations of brown and black. Enter the Herbie - opinion was immediately divided following the release with something of a consensus that the frame shape was too ordinary (fine by me!) but one or two saying the bright blue was too funky and wild (also fine by me!)

Again since JMM finally made a frame in my favourite bright blue I had to give these a try. I love the colour and would even have liked them to be a bit more flashy despite my claim above that I lean toward the more conservative styles. Engraved wiring would be good. The allegedly blue lenses seem decidedly gray to me. Still I got lucky with a release of only 50 so if these start to gather dust with lack of use I should make my money back. They fit me very solidly and the shape is very close to my Rawlins, just without the keyhole bridge.

View attachment 1861986 View attachment 1861987 View attachment 1861988 View attachment 1861989 View attachment 1861990
Love the Union Jack Phone case…..so Mod, the Fatales look great on you and the blue suits so well, talking of which the Herbies really are killer on you… quite the collection you have now.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fmvazquez

Reaction score
Next up - Herbie in blue.
I find the variance in the JMM thread amusing as there’s a broad range of tastes. I admit to leaning towards the more conservative end of the spectrum. I like the chunky acetate but not the huge frames like Kobo and Taos. Conversely I’m getting bored with so many frames coming out in variations of brown and black. Enter the Herbie - opinion was immediately divided following the release with something of a consensus that the frame shape was too ordinary (fine by me!) but one or two saying the bright blue was too funky and wild (also fine by me!)

Again since JMM finally made a frame in my favourite bright blue I had to give these a try. I love the colour and would even have liked them to be a bit more flashy despite my claim above that I lean toward the more conservative styles. Engraved wiring would be good. The allegedly blue lenses seem decidedly gray to me. Still I got lucky with a release of only 50 so if these start to gather dust with lack of use I should make my money back. They fit me very solidly and the shape is very close to my Rawlins, just without the keyhole bridge.

View attachment 1861986 View attachment 1861987 View attachment 1861988 View attachment 1861989 View attachment 1861990
As said before I was skeptical about the Herbie, but in Cobalt they are awesome. They fit you and your style really well.
I like the blue theme that your collection has, gives it an identity, and the blue case is the icing of the cake.

Featured Sponsor

Corduroy…who wore it best?

• @khughes44

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • @duke santos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • @DavidLane

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • @Old Red

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • @Chadclass

Votes: 15 21.4%