• Our featured affiliate vendor of the week is Larimars Luxury Menswear Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, specializes in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check them out and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Come on guys, no one handled the Black Wolf? Really? I thought you guys had handled just about everything JMM...
I’ve got the Yellowstone in black wolf. I love it.
When I first saw the release pics I thought “wow - yet another black - yawn” till I saw a closer look and really liked the mottle effect. I actually wish it was a bit more obvious to take the frames a more obvious step away from wayfarer types. The exposed engraved wiring is really well done the way it’s inlaid - finally they make for a versatile frame as being near black they could work with ‘cool toned’ black and blue clothes but the ‘softer’ less harsh mottled colour combined with the brown lenses makes them ‘warmer’ and wearable with browns and earth tones too.

A lot of people on here dislikes the wolf medallion on the temple tip. I like it but it’s only on one side and it’s so small as to be barely visible. You’d certainly need perfect vision to be able to make out the wolf silhouette and even better to be able to read ‘Yellowstone 100 years’ around the rim.

Somebody posted pics a few pages back. I have some others incoming and will post these too when I get round to it.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve got the Yellowstone in black wolf. I love it.
When I first saw the release pics I thought “wow - yet another black - yawn” till I saw a closer look and really liked the mottle effect. I actually wish it was a bit more obvious to take the frames a more obvious step away from wayfarer types. The exposed engraved wiring is really well done the way it’s inlaid - finally they make for a versatile frame as being near black they could work with ‘cool toned’ black and blue clothes but the ‘softer’ less harsh mottled colour combined with the brown lenses makes them ‘warmer’ and wearable with browns and earth tones too.

A lot of people on here dislikes the wolf medallion on the temple tip. I like it but it’s only on one side and it’s so small as to be barely visible. You’d certainly need perfect vision to be able to make out the wolf silhouette and even better to be able to read ‘Yellowstone 100 years’ around the rim.

Somebody posted pics a few pages back. I have some others incoming and will post these too when I get round to it.
Thats great info. Thanks! Looking forward to seeing a few pics of them in the wild.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enzo Surplus on Mondello.

This wasn’t on the site when I checked the other day. I’d say this is one of the last chances to buy this frame new, and at 20% off.

@lsterling I reckon these would be a nice Xmas gift for your old man 😂

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Are these Domotos keepers or should I let them go for Evans?
To me they suit your face, but the picture is not best, you should show them at a straighter angle. The Evans could suit you as well, ideally you should provide a side by side comparison.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a few incoming recently.
First up Fatale. I know titanium frames aren’t usually that popular here.
I never cared much for the Velvet Underground but when I was a teenager I was massively influenced by The Jam. By following them and their style I inadvertently became the first Mod in my school and the influence of Mod style has never really left me over forty years later! For this reason I’ve always had a soft spot for small rectangular frames as worn in the early days by drummer Rick Buckler of which I have a few variations already.
4116D5A6-C01D-4AD2-B4F4-41AD1A3B400D.jpeg

I might not have been bothered to get the JMM version but they came out in my favourite bright blue colour and I got them for a very reasonable price so if I don’t get much use out of them I’m confident I could get my money back.

E31400BC-7067-4655-939A-9E3B021435B3.jpeg
F2A87347-CEB5-431D-B8B7-D596E2D2DA62.jpeg
D8153F80-82DD-43EA-A651-CA21328313C6.jpeg

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Next up - Herbie in blue.
I find the variance in the JMM thread amusing as there’s a broad range of tastes. I admit to leaning towards the more conservative end of the spectrum. I like the chunky acetate but not the huge frames like Kobo and Taos. Conversely I’m getting bored with so many frames coming out in variations of brown and black. Enter the Herbie - opinion was immediately divided following the release with something of a consensus that the frame shape was too ordinary (fine by me!) but one or two saying the bright blue was too funky and wild (also fine by me!)

Again since JMM finally made a frame in my favourite bright blue I had to give these a try. I love the colour and would even have liked them to be a bit more flashy despite my claim above that I lean toward the more conservative styles. Engraved wiring would be good. The allegedly blue lenses seem decidedly gray to me. Still I got lucky with a release of only 50 so if these start to gather dust with lack of use I should make my money back. They fit me very solidly and the shape is very close to my Rawlins, just without the keyhole bridge.

B0144F31-8EC9-4195-9DE9-AC65D602EFFE.jpeg
728C3F6A-9F9D-439D-9508-6C2080AF530A.jpeg
41DF5FC8-DFD8-449F-9A64-B5F9C292FC65.jpeg
DD2BC73B-ACF7-4114-9AF2-8876470F2FBA.jpeg
60DB1AD4-721A-49E7-A7F7-3BAED27BA8D1.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Corduroy…who wore it best?

• @khughes44

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • @duke santos

Votes: 0 0.0%