• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way, the new Whiskey colourway is similar too.

Screenshot (133).png

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the point of a white gold Rolex that looks like steel to the untrained eye? Some things are just for the owner's enjoyment 😉
Yeah but don’t Rolex deliberately make their white gold watches a bit different from their steel ones so watch nerds know the difference (and 300 percent price increase)?
On the subject of Herbies looking a bit boring like wayfarers don’t we want our JMMs to look a bit different from ‘glasses for the masses’?
I’m a big fan of exposed engraved wiring and I think the effort is wasted if it can’t be seen in normal wear. If they’ve gone to the effort and extra steps of creating this attractive feature why not show it off?
File alongside the pointless cameo badge that the website goes on about like it’s a special feature but I reckon most people couldn’t care less about!

Pureneat

Reaction score
Just my opinion but, of all the glasses you’ve shown so far, those are the bet yet.

PS some nice Good Art pieces there…..

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s the point of having the exposed wire engraving on the inside of the arms?
What's the point of a white gold Rolex that looks like steel to the untrained eye? Some things are just for the owner's enjoyment 😉

Personally I don't necessarily need to see the wirecore, I like it when it's exposed and also when it's hidden. And the fancy embellishment on the Last Frontier is excessive to me. What I really appreciate is the feeling of quality and sturdiness I always have with a pair of JMM, that together with the outstanding design makes them a beautiful and collectable object.

Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could also find this picture from a previous post by @SimModa.

1700513-87f6ced56c28befed5de1e33951c5bda.jpg

Kobo Rootbeer vs Fellini Hickory.

Attachments

• 1700513-87f6ced56c28befed5de1e33951c5bda.jpg
    1700513-87f6ced56c28befed5de1e33951c5bda.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 121

fmvazquez

Reaction score
I could also find this picture from a previous post by @SimModa.

View attachment 1860585

Kobo Rootbeer vs Fellini Hickory.
Good comparison, with all the pictures you provided, thanks mate!
Both colorways are pretty similar, a good point is the Silver vs Gold wiring. The temples are also quite different, frontally Root Beer is a bit more clear and warmer but pretty much the same.
About the Whiskey that you brought, if we said VT3 was a depressed VT, Whiskey could be a depressed Root Beer.
I have to say that I don´t like the transparent detail in the new JMM temples, I preferred them solid as before.
Any thoughts about this transparent thing?

Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good comparison, with all the pictures you provided, thanks mate!
Both colorways are pretty similar, a good point is the Silver vs Gold wiring. The temples are also quite different, frontally Root Beer is a bit more clear and warmer but pretty much the same.
About the Whiskey that you brought, if we said VT3 was a depressed VT, Whiskey could be a depressed Root Beer.
I have to say that I don´t like the transparent detail in the new JMM temples, I preferred them solid as before.
Any thoughts about this transparent thing?

I like them, as on the new Vintage Tort 3, but if they were the same colour, I would like them as well.

Colrais

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Dan Deutsche Optical Black Friday code, and does it apply to the JMM selection?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone handled the Black Wolf colorway? Is it, like it looks to be, like a "cold color" version of tortoise? Seems pretty yum to me, specially with the exposed silver hardware. :drool:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads