• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

xEnvy

Reaction score
Was finally able to pick up a pair of JMM (Enzo N/B) a fortnight ago after my local stockist got them in for me. Blown away by the quality of them and adore the frame and fit. Definitely going to be picking up other colourways and frames in the future.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How long before JMM's drug dealer aesthetic results in a collab with an actual piece of cocaine?

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 12.59.21 PM.png

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was finally able to pick up a pair of JMM (Enzo N/B) a fortnight ago after my local stockist got them in for me. Blown away by the quality of them and adore the frame and fit. Definitely going to be picking up other colourways and frames in the future.
Look out lads we’ve got another one hooked!
I hope your house is in your wife’s name, this could get expensive!!
Welcome to the rabbit hole!

xEnvy

Reaction score
Look out lads we’ve got another one hooked!
I hope your house is in your wife’s name, this could get expensive!!
Welcome to the rabbit hole!
Haha thanks! Will be a little while until my next pair as I've made some other big purchases recently but the Havana or Amber Enzos will definitely be next.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to derail the thread, but I don't mind Nick Fouquet. He certainly fits into the "Southern California Gothic Noir" vibe, and obviously isn't for everyone. There's another hatmaker who lives in the Mohave Desert, Todd Fink, who I really like. He was a skateboarder and lead singer of the Faint who turned hatmaker several years ago. I feel his hats go more naturally with JMM, if you're into that look. He even pre-distresses his hats (with fire, no less). Sometimes he has deals where he does custom at no upcharge. Seriously considering the "Public Opinion" here:

IMG_3456.jpg

Looks too costumey. When would you ever really wear that in the Bay Area?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
When would you ever really wear that in the Bay Area?

Isn't that a question you can levy on literally any interesting piece of fashion? When would you really wear a casual suit/ Ring coat/ Acronym parka/ Visvim noragi/ drape cut sport coat in London Lounge horse blanket tweed, etc in the Bay Area?

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks too costumey. When would you ever really wear that in the Bay Area?
Like everything in my closet, it really depends on how I feel and what the occasion is. A beat up hat would be easier (at least for me) to wear and seems less pretentious. Here’s one from Recapitate with a simple black t-shirt:

F1251D00-DBCA-4FAC-B693-1CB52D67AAE0.jpeg

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I had long hair ( like Nick's ), I'd feel comfortable wearing one of those.
Now, I don't. And I'm tall and lean.
I'd look like a floor lamp.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads