• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

basscellosax

Reaction score
@basscellosax I like the black ichi a lot more on you than the argyle for opticals. Anything goes for sunglasses.

It may simply be a poor photo, but I don’t care for the way the tones of the argyle interact with your complexion. But again, could be the photo.

The Black makes a statement in the best possible way.

If you decide you want something other than black, I think the dark Havana Ichi would be a better choice than argyle.
Dark Havana would be perfect, but I can't find any (one would do! 😃).

basscellosax

Reaction score
So, I'm offering Dealan Noir 6 (VERY gently used) with stock and non-perscription Hoya blue filter lenses and all the money in the world for Ichikawa in dark havana. :)

ColdinMN

Reaction score
I have a brand new pair of JMM Molino 55 in Hickory to sell. Has clear lenses, includes all the usual goodies. Asking $600. DM me for pictures. Thanks.

Edited price. Make me an offer if interested. Thanks again.

Last edited:

lsterling

Reaction score
Thought the community might be interested in a little state-of-the-collection post after some acquisitions and a few frames having been let go as well. Top to bottom, left to right:

Fellini in Shadow (optical)
Enzo in Surplus (optical)
Jeff in Argyle (optical)
Ichikawa in Sand with amethyst Transition
Rawlins in Surplus with brown Transition
Rawlins in Marine II with wine/plum sun lenses
Felson in Dark Havana with dark amber gradient sun lenses
Felson in Army with dark olive polarized lenses
Jeff in Noir (sample lens but will probably become a Transition)
Mishima in Rover
Taos in Eclipse 20221007_161455.jpg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Impressive collection @lsterling there.

One of the frames I’m most interested in is Jeffs but as they so far have only come in black and brown I didn’t go in search of them.

One of my favourite non JMM glasses is Oliver Peoples Jaye which I think are a similar narrow frame to Jeff if not quite as chunky obvs.

Another of my personal preconditions is that I much prefer engraved and exposed wiring to the three dots. I think my pie in the sky holy grail JMMs would be Jeffs in a dark blue (but not as dark as marine) with silver exposed wiring engraved with some Native American arrow pattern.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Sold another two frames and got the Jax in shironneriri. I have to take stock and see what’s left haha but the other day I saw that JMM Facebook group and those guys are bunch of @Jaymig926 s on roids. One guy had a closet full of JMMs

lsterling

Reaction score
Impressive collection @lsterling there.

One of the frames I’m most interested in is Jeffs but as they so far have only come in black and brown I didn’t go in search of them.

One of my favourite non JMM glasses is Oliver Peoples Jaye which I think are a similar narrow frame to Jeff if not quite as chunky obvs.

Another of my personal preconditions is that I much prefer engraved and exposed wiring to the three dots. I think my pie in the sky holy grail JMMs would be Jeffs in a dark blue (but not as dark as marine) with silver exposed wiring engraved with some Native American arrow pattern.
Thank you! I quite like three-spur temples on some frames. Nice to switch it up to something a little more understated occasionally.

lsterling

Reaction score
Sold another two frames and got the Jax in shironneriri. I have to take stock and see what’s left haha but the other day I saw that JMM Facebook group and those guys are bunch of @Jaymig926 s on roids. One guy had a closet full of JMMs
There are some serious collectors with some serious coin to drop on glasses in there, no doubt.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
This is how I feel when my barber said "Your glasses are thick and feel bulletproof"

Man this took me back. Loved Angry Beavers, All That, Rugrats, Kenan & Kel, Hey Arnold, CatDog, Rockos Modern Life, Kablam, Legends of the Hidden Temple, My Brother and Me, Ahhh Real Monsters, Courage the Cowardly Dog….man now I’m the old guy saying “kids these days won’t ever experience how great the 90’s were” but it’s true!

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man this took me back. Loved Angry Beavers, All That, Rugrats, Kenan & Kel, Hey Arnold, CatDog, Rockos Modern Life, Kablam, Legends of the Hidden Temple, My Brother and Me….man now I’m the old guy saying “kids these days won’t ever experience how great the 90’s were” but it’s true!
CatDog and Hey Arnold were the ones on that list I watched, classic.

Frankly I don't know a thing about modern cartoons.

I'm glad kids have the options to watch whatever they want, whenever they want with streaming. No more waiting till 10pm to catch some of the good shows.

Billy Ray Valentine

Reaction score
Thought the community might be interested in a little state-of-the-collection post after some acquisitions and a few frames having been let go as well. Top to bottom, left to right:

Fellini in Shadow (optical)
Enzo in Surplus (optical)
Jeff in Argyle (optical)
Ichikawa in Sand with amethyst Transition
Rawlins in Surplus with brown Transition
Rawlins in Marine II with wine/plum sun lenses
Felson in Dark Havana with dark amber gradient sun lenses
Felson in Army with dark olive polarized lenses
Jeff in Noir (sample lens but will probably become a Transition)
Mishima in Rover
Taos in Eclipse View attachment 1841124
Case from Amazon?

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
CatDog and Hey Arnold were the ones on that list I watched, classic.

Frankly I don't know a thing about modern cartoons.

I'm glad kids have the options to watch whatever they want, whenever they want with streaming. No more waiting till 10pm to catch some of the good shows.
I watched a couple Hey Arnolds episodes and they are a lot deeper as an adult….and yes the train and the pigeon guy still haunt my dreams haha

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

• Suit, shirt, and tie

• Suit and shirt, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

• Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Capt. Flint