• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

lsterling

Reaction score
My boss texted me a pic of one of his buddies wearing a Jasper Felson last night. He's noticed my glasses multiple times and obviously picked up on the signature details...if I accomplish nothing else, I'll still be happy 🤣

ColdinMN

Reaction score
Anyone else intrigued by the recent posts on the JMM Instagram account? Maybe a new version of the Jeff coming out?

9D9674C0-D6C8-4804-B848-B4FF8CB275AD.jpeg

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have the Zombie and really like them.
The quality is fine. Not amazing, but not bad. No one would mistake them for petrol station sunglasses if that's what you're worried about.

Well let's be honest, we buy sunglasses almost purely for the design.

I am thinking about the New Wave ones.
Amazing outfit, I love everything. Details on the cuffed baggy chinos? I dig the shape.

New wave ones are not for me, but I can see you pulling them off.

1269 confirmed everything you said about Akila frames. They will feel like plastic, but they're good quality.

JMM has spoiled me. The frames are so dense, thick, and heavy, that everything else feels flimsy in my hand.

The value and design direction of Akila is very tempting though.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else intrigued by the recent posts on the JMM Instagram account? Maybe a new version of the Jeff coming out?

View attachment 1835959
Don’t care for the ones on the table but those on his face look interesting.
If they brought out a Jeff with engraved wiring in some creative colours that would be the ultimate for me!

ColdinMN

Reaction score
I agree. I wonder if one of the new releases will be something like the Malcom variation of the Jeff that Goldblum wore in the recent Jurassic Park movie.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazing outfit, I love everything. Details on the cuffed baggy chinos? I dig the shape.

New wave ones are not for me, but I can see you pulling them off.

1269 confirmed everything you said about Akila frames. They will feel like plastic, but they're good quality.

JMM has spoiled me. The frames are so dense, thick, and heavy, that everything else feels flimsy in my hand.

The value and design direction of Akila is very tempting though.
I almost bought the Akila Apollo with yellow lenses but decided I wouldn’t be happy with the quality drop off, so I bought Enzos instead and trying to come up with a good tint now. I saw Akila on sale online for like $110 last week, though, so it’s a pretty big difference in value proposition if they work for you.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I almost bought the Akila Apollo with yellow lenses but decided I wouldn’t be happy with the quality drop off, so I bought Enzos instead and trying to come up with a good tint now. I saw Akila on sale online for like $110 last week, though, so it’s a pretty big difference in value proposition if they work for you.
What's stopping me is I use all my glasses as opticals. Now my lenses run $750. Even with the great value of Akila, I'd still be burning more holes in the pocket. More frames would also equal more maintenance costs for when my eyesight changes.

I tallied up the lens+frame cost for my two pairs of JMM, and I ended at $2800.

Cost and pricing is always a boring discussion, but I stared at the mirror pondering lifestyle choices after seeing how much I really spent.

Billy Ray Valentine

Reaction score
Don’t care for the ones on the table but those on his face look interesting.
If they brought out a Jeff with engraved wiring in some creative colours that would be the ultimate for me!
Ones on the table are the Kobo. I think the picture is showing past releases and their respective inspirations wearing them.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For anyone with experience with Aklia, would they be comparable quality to Sun Buddies? They look similar from what I see online.

ColdinMN

Reaction score
Ones on the table are the Kobo. I think the picture is showing past releases and their respective inspirations wearing them.
I suppose that’s it. Wishful thinking on my part. Most of the new releases don’t appeal to me anyway.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's stopping me is I use all my glasses as opticals. Now my lenses run $750. Even with the great value of Akila, I'd still be burning more holes in the pocket. More frames would also equal more maintenance costs for when my eyesight changes.

I tallied up the lens+frame cost for my two pairs of JMM, and I ended at $2800.

Cost and pricing is always a boring discussion, but I stared at the mirror pondering lifestyle choices after seeing how much I really spent.
I am with you there and lenses at my shops cost even more. That is the main reason I am sitting on new frames that have not had lenses put in yet. One day I will come to the realization that I should sell the frames.

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

• Suit, shirt, and tie

• Suit and shirt, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

• Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UncommonSequel