• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might get The Vendome in Camel, also to satisfy my vintage tort itch :cool:
leidmann-jacques-marie-mage-vendome-camel-side.jpg

Hmm this new Vendome looks like a model that already exists, but I'm not going to complain. I prefer the classic shapes.

I bet this would probably look better on my face than the chunky, telescoping Ascari. I do crave that ultra thick acetate look though.

Cliffnopus

Reaction score
Camel is, so far, my favorite colorway.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Curious to see a side by side of the camel and Vintage Tort.

Edit: camel has been around, correct? I think there was a Sandro in camel IIRC. Probably others.

Edit 2: does anyone have the measurements for the Vendome, which looks a bit like the Julien and Jax.

Last edited:

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Edit: camel has been around, correct? I think there was a Sandro in camel IIRC. Probably others.

Edit 2: does anyone have the measurements for the Vendome, which looks a bit like the Julien and Jax.
There was a Fumio camel too.

lsterling

Reaction score

Sorry to not be very helpful, but my impression of the Vendome is that it's a larger frame, similar to Sturges, at least to my eye.

ETA: this is based on photos, not having seen them in person.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry to not be very helpful, but my impression of the Vendome is that it's a larger frame, similar to Sturges, at least to my eye.

ETA: this is based on photos, not having seen them in person.
Yeah, it might be. I can’t tell. Looks like a good looking frame either way.

watchguy1234

Reaction score
Sorry to spam folks. I need to take a break from this thread. So addicting. After a few comments on how the Walker Fade is similar to the Kaines and Plaza I have, and after some feedback from friends, I tried on a pair of Hopper in Marquina, which are nice. Perhaps a bit more different in the collection. Most friends preferred the Hopper, but my partner said they may be a bit too feminine looking for me, so now I'm torn. Their logic was that a taller (deeper?) frame fills up my face better and is more proportional than the thinner wider style options.

FM8O1WV.jpg

LIyfVLX.jpg

WiAYUh4.jpg
FB5pfpg.jpg

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think both the Walker and Hopper suit you. The Walker is deep enough and the proportions look good.

The Hopper also fits you well. I think the shape is a nice change of pace from the Plaza, Kaine, and Walker, all of which started to feel a little repetitive. Personally, I like to have variety with respect to colors and shapes. But ymmv.

In no way does the Hooper look feminine so I would take that notion off the table.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
Sorry to spam folks. I need to take a break from this thread. So addicting. After a few comments on how the Walker Fade is similar to the Kaines and Plaza I have, and after some feedback from friends, I tried on a pair of Hopper in Marquina, which are nice. Perhaps a bit more different in the collection. Most friends preferred the Hopper, but my partner said they may be a bit too feminine looking for me, so now I'm torn. Their logic was that a taller (deeper?) frame fills up my face better and is more proportional than the thinner wider style options.

FM8O1WV.jpg

LIyfVLX.jpg

WiAYUh4.jpg
FB5pfpg.jpg

I'm not sure how one can conclude that the Taos Hopper is feminine, it's one of the more masculine chunky frames and my opinion is they look great on you.

watchguy1234

Reaction score
I'm not sure how one can conclude that the Taos Hopper is feminine, it's one of the more masculine chunky frames and my opinion is they look great on you.

That was my initial response as well, but I attribute it more to the oversized black-on-black look all too common with YSL, Celine, etc. The Hopper has to be appreciated in-person to see the beveling and may come across as flat in a selfie photo.

I think both the Walker and Hopper suit you. The Walker is deep enough and the proportions look good.

The Hopper also fits you well. I think the shape is a nice change of pace from the Plaza, Kaine, and Walker, all of which started to feel a little repetitive. Personally, I like to have variety with respect to colors and shapes. But ymmv.

In no way does the Hooper look feminine so I would take that notion off the table.

Thanks! That's helpful and I'm leaning towards going with the Hopper now. Obviously, the color is still not all too different, but the shape is a good start. I'm not drawn to the lighter colors other than maybe a Volvox.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
That was my initial response as well, but I attribute it more to the oversized black-on-black look all too common with YSL, Celine, etc. The Hopper has to be appreciated in-person to see the beveling and may come across as flat in a selfie photo.

It truly is a brilliant design and I still regret selling mine so I'll be purchasing the Volvox colourway next and popping in some gradients.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads