• We would like to welcome Larimars Luxury Menswear as an official Affiliate Vendor. Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, and specializing in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check out their thread on here, welcome them, and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might get The Vendome in Camel, also to satisfy my vintage tort itch :cool:

Hmm this new Vendome looks like a model that already exists, but I'm not going to complain. I prefer the classic shapes.

I bet this would probably look better on my face than the chunky, telescoping Ascari. I do crave that ultra thick acetate look though.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious to see a side by side of the camel and Vintage Tort.

Edit: camel has been around, correct? I think there was a Sandro in camel IIRC. Probably others.

Edit 2: does anyone have the measurements for the Vendome, which looks a bit like the Julien and Jax.

Last edited:

LeBeef

Reaction score

Edit: camel has been around, correct? I think there was a Sandro in camel IIRC. Probably others.

Edit 2: does anyone have the measurements for the Vendome, which looks a bit like the Julien and Jax.
There was a Fumio camel too.

lsterling

Reaction score

Sorry to not be very helpful, but my impression of the Vendome is that it's a larger frame, similar to Sturges, at least to my eye.

ETA: this is based on photos, not having seen them in person.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to not be very helpful, but my impression of the Vendome is that it's a larger frame, similar to Sturges, at least to my eye.

ETA: this is based on photos, not having seen them in person.
Yeah, it might be. I can’t tell. Looks like a good looking frame either way.

watchguy1234

Reaction score
Sorry to spam folks. I need to take a break from this thread. So addicting. After a few comments on how the Walker Fade is similar to the Kaines and Plaza I have, and after some feedback from friends, I tried on a pair of Hopper in Marquina, which are nice. Perhaps a bit more different in the collection. Most friends preferred the Hopper, but my partner said they may be a bit too feminine looking for me, so now I'm torn. Their logic was that a taller (deeper?) frame fills up my face better and is more proportional than the thinner wider style options.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think both the Walker and Hopper suit you. The Walker is deep enough and the proportions look good.

The Hopper also fits you well. I think the shape is a nice change of pace from the Plaza, Kaine, and Walker, all of which started to feel a little repetitive. Personally, I like to have variety with respect to colors and shapes. But ymmv.

In no way does the Hooper look feminine so I would take that notion off the table.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
Sorry to spam folks. I need to take a break from this thread. So addicting. After a few comments on how the Walker Fade is similar to the Kaines and Plaza I have, and after some feedback from friends, I tried on a pair of Hopper in Marquina, which are nice. Perhaps a bit more different in the collection. Most friends preferred the Hopper, but my partner said they may be a bit too feminine looking for me, so now I'm torn. Their logic was that a taller (deeper?) frame fills up my face better and is more proportional than the thinner wider style options.

I'm not sure how one can conclude that the Taos Hopper is feminine, it's one of the more masculine chunky frames and my opinion is they look great on you.

watchguy1234

Reaction score
I'm not sure how one can conclude that the Taos Hopper is feminine, it's one of the more masculine chunky frames and my opinion is they look great on you.
That was my initial response as well, but I attribute it more to the oversized black-on-black look all too common with YSL, Celine, etc. The Hopper has to be appreciated in-person to see the beveling and may come across as flat in a selfie photo.

I think both the Walker and Hopper suit you. The Walker is deep enough and the proportions look good.

The Hopper also fits you well. I think the shape is a nice change of pace from the Plaza, Kaine, and Walker, all of which started to feel a little repetitive. Personally, I like to have variety with respect to colors and shapes. But ymmv.

In no way does the Hooper look feminine so I would take that notion off the table.
Thanks! That's helpful and I'm leaning towards going with the Hopper now. Obviously, the color is still not all too different, but the shape is a good start. I'm not drawn to the lighter colors other than maybe a Volvox.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
That was my initial response as well, but I attribute it more to the oversized black-on-black look all too common with YSL, Celine, etc. The Hopper has to be appreciated in-person to see the beveling and may come across as flat in a selfie photo.
It truly is a brilliant design and I still regret selling mine so I'll be purchasing the Volvox colourway next and popping in some gradients.

Featured Sponsor

What time of the year do you spend the most money on clothes?

• Spring

• Summer

• Fall

• Winter

• No difference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Transform Keto ACV