• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

watchguy1234

Reaction score
Hi friends. I can’t decide between the Walker in Rover or in Fade. I like Rover and find it unique but the hood hardware makes it a bit loud. The Fade on the other hand looks black in most light but has that cool detail plus silver hardware. I don’t love the green lens and would probably switch it to black or grey.

lsterling

Reaction score
I'm the proud new owner of these Taos in Eggshell - #20/50.

Wasn't originally completely sure that I'd be keeping them, but as is usually the case, I fell in love with them once I saw them in person. Maybe not as desirable as the Off White, but still very very cool.
20220624_162427.jpg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that you say...My Jeff Shadow look a bit like movie theatre glasses :cool: but I love how they fit me.
About translucent frames, did you have the chance to have a pair of JMM Shironeri in your hands? They look gorgeous, the thick champagne acetate is amazing and they nail it with the transition to a darker temple end. Far away from cheap lab goggles from my point of view.

View attachment 1806151 View attachment 1806152
I’ve gone right off JMM in recent months.
I know I’m in the minority but I wonder if it’s a minority of one?😁 Anyone else feel similar?
Jeffs and Fellinis are the only styles to remotely picque my interest lately as the trend for most of the new releases I’ve seen seems to be moving towards hypoooge oval shaped styles which don’t suit me at all.
Jeffs are ridiculously overpriced and both they and Fellinis only seem to be available in boring colours. I want to see some in standout colours with intricately engraved wiring not thousand dollar clones of black and brown wayfarers.

At least being able to resist temptation is good for my wallet

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
I know I’m in the minority but I wonder if it’s a minority of one?😁 Anyone else feel similar?
Jeffs and Fellinis are the only styles to remotely picque my interest lately as the trend for most of the new releases I’ve seen seems to be moving towards hypoooge oval shaped styles which don’t suit me at all.
Jeffs are ridiculously overpriced and both they and Fellinis only seem to be available in boring colours. I want to see some in standout colours with intricately engraved wiring not thousand dollar clones of black and brown wayfarers.

I must admit I've not been particularly drawn to most of the recent releases. Instead I've been hitting the jackpot with some older models I could either never find, or just weren't interested in at the time of their release.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am almost there with you. I have not seen a new frame that I have liked since the Domoto.

I now have more pairs than I ever imagined accumulating. I have not yet even put Rx lenses in a few of them because my lenses are so ridiculously expensive.

I am still interested in seeing new stuff as it comes out but will not go on treasure hunts just for the thrill of the hunt. If my stockists can get the goods, I will try them on, but will not order on-line.

Also, in light of the recent price increases, I am telling myself that I am priced out of the titanium models.

I am also interested in other brands that have completely different esthetics. If I were to keep going, my funds would be likely allocated to those brands.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On face with and without lenses...seriously considering a transition. I REALLY like this frame. View attachment 1806347 View attachment 1806348
If you were to do a transition with that color frame, I would recommend an indoor tint that transitions to a dark tint. I would not do a transition from clear to dark.

You have many options for the indoor tint with the color of those frames. Personally, I would not be conservative.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

When shopping for clothes do you (choose up to 2)

• Always return to the same brands/stores/websites

• Like to visit brick&mortar shops to see things in person

• Shop mainly online and take advantage of free returns

• Like to try new brands/stores/websites

• Shop mainly during the sales, regardless of the brand/store/website

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gundog_millionaire