• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So have been trying to find fit pics of the Kaine but it doesn’t appear to be too popular here. I’ve only noticed @Easily Amused who has actually purchased them and @d4nimal tried them on. Too squared and basic for most here?

Was originally looking for a Taos but I can’t find a colorway i like that’s still available.
Try the FB Group "Jacques Marie Mage Collectors." I was looking through it yesterday and am fairly sure I saw some Kaine fits.

FWIW, though, it's not one of my favorites personally. Esp not as a substitute for Taos.

BigRed

Reaction score
So have been trying to find fit pics of the Kaine but it doesn’t appear to be too popular here. I’ve only noticed @Easily Amused who has actually purchased them and @d4nimal tried them on. Too squared and basic for most here?

Was originally looking for a Taos but I can’t find a colorway i like that’s still available.

I love my Kaine’s in platinum
223CEAB8-B737-4B8D-BAFC-E59DDB36E9FC.png
329CB80D-8805-431F-9EBF-404541F3BF90.png

malcolmbw

Reaction score
Does anyone know what these frames are? Think they're my next cop, kind of like a less extreme Ascari.

EDIT: nvm, JMM just posted on their story, these are the Suze.

Attachments

• JMM frames.jpg
    JMM frames.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 89

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what these frames are? Think they're my next cop, kind of like a less extreme Ascari.

EDIT: nvm, JMM just posted on their story, these are the Suze.
Per JMM's Instagram story, that's called the Suze.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I dropped by my local shop today and my guys told me as soon as I walked in the door they just got the Domoto in the shop in all flavors and were unboxing them at that moment. They weren't even sure what the price was yet.

They're a lot lighter than I thought they'd be, kinda like the other opticals with spring hinges. I love the frontal geometry, though I prefer the regular hinges, personally.

View attachment 1734025

I've been trying to think what these glasses remind me of and I finally figure it out

54da58a99dd52_-_9-esq-matthew-fan-nyc-0909-lg-69739138.jpeg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some non-JMM frames that I've been looking at that have a JMM vibe, for those who might be interested.

Cutler & Gross 1386 Optical Squares. Unfortunately sold out in more versatile colors, but maybe they'll restock.

View attachment 1734996

I like how they look on Ben here:

Also Cartier Premiere glasses. A whopping 58mm. Also available in 18k gold if you want to spend $10,000 on a pair of sunglasses. (Regular version is $1k, so closer to JMM). Has a cool sleazy vibe.

View attachment 1734999

“Cartier glasses, I won’t even peek at you. Yellow Ferrari like Pikachu” - Derek Dieworkwear

Bingham

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in a trade, I'm looking for the Kaine (or maybe Yves)! Still trying to find a home for my Molino in Argyle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads