• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like some Costas would work well for you.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I currently have the JMM Fellini dark Havana and the Saint noir in my shopping cart. I wish they had more pictures on models from other angles so I could better figure out which one best works for me. My sunglasses are two pairs of well-worn Persols that I have had for 10 years or so so time for a refresh and the wayfarer style seems to work better on my face.

I also like the Saint dark havana frames for glasses but it doen't allow me to buy on line and I have no opticians that carry them in my state.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I currently have the JMM Fellini dark Havana and the Saint noir in my shopping cart. I wish they had more pictures on models from other angles so I could better figure out which one best works for me. My sunglasses are two pairs of well-worn Persols that I have had for 10 years or so so time for a refresh and the wayfarer style seems to work better on my face.

I also like the Saint dark havana frames for glasses but it doen't allow me to buy on line and I have no opticians that carry them in my state.

I think it's hard to shop for JMM online because the styles are a bit bolder and you won't know how you feel about a particular model until you put it on your face. I can imagine someone purchasing a pair or two, not liking them, and then completely dismissing the brand as being "too out there for them."

Easier to shop for these in a store if you have a retailer near you.

Outside of that, I would pay attention to the size. JMMs often wear bigger than the listed size because eyewear size numbers just tell you about the lens. Depending on the model, a JMM frame may wear big because it's very thick or it has a wide temple. But the listed size at least gives you a general idea. If you generally wear larger frames, you'll want to stay to the larger sizes (and vice versa).

I mentioned this earlier, but another trick is to think about the color. If you suspect you may be tepid about wearing really bold, oversized frames, opt for a model that's in a lighter, but neutral, color. A really thick pair of frames in black or Havana will look "heavier" than the same pair of frames in a translucent gray. It's like the difference between drawing a thick black line and drawing the same line in grey. One ends up having more visual weight. (Exception being "weird" colors like red, which have their own visual weight).

Not a sure-fire way to get a pair you'll like online, but this may increase your chances.

Good See in California has a huge online selection and will ship special orders. I can't remember their return policy, but I"ve bought from them

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Y U NO Sell 2me?

Haha I traded them in for a pair of Beauregards. I had the vintage tort though (not the dark green ones) Details were great in person

A57CE349-CDE0-402C-AA87-BCBBAAC77A6C.jpeg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Patek if you're on IG, follow Jeromes page. He's good at pointing out which style is featured on all the people. Obviously its harder to judge how that will transfer to your own face but it at least gives you some other visuals of how they loon on different people.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love my MMMxMykitas, which are on the other end of the spectrum to the acetate JMM's... and I have a few Barton Perreira frames too, which are more traditional looking. Tough to tell what's going to work well without trying on, so I might just need to order from somewhere with reasonable returns. Love the havana/vintage tortoise + green lens combo, which I don't have currently.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm really not sure why everyone thinks JMM is hard to pull off. Theie classic styles of molino, torino, enzo, etc are just big sunglasses, probably the same size as some random aviators, or rayban wayfarers.

What am I missing? Why is this such a big deal?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been meaning to get a pair of JMM but the nearest store is 40 miles away. Well I haven't had an eye exam in 10+ years since getting PRK so I guess it is necessary.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sunglasses though.

I’m actually getting an eye exam next week because sometimes I think I need readers. If I do, it’s just going to be more justification.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sunglasses though.

What do you mean? I talked to the store and they said I could use my vision insurance frame coverage ($120) on sunglasses if I get a vision exam. I'd have co-pays of $10 for the exam and $20 for the sunglasses.

Not sure if that's only because I had PRK (I have to give them the PRK doctor's info for them to confirm) but it's worth a shot for anyone who hasn't needed glasses.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry I misread. I thought you said it was UNnecessary since you didn’t need glasses/optical.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Absolutely loved my Sebergs in Havana yet the Havana lens in yellow was super light almost like I was wearing prescription lenses. I’m having the Shade of Pale lenses put in and I’m hoping they will be what I’m looking for, props to @Hanto for sharing with me some pics of the Sebergs in Shade of Pale

I found the Laramie to be too ornate for my tastes. Love the pair itself though, wish it just had the turquoise detail and that’s it. Hopefully JMM does a non-ornate version of that frame

Im going to try out the Saints soon and see if they are worth it

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought from Avvenice and can vouch for them being legit?

I need an answer to this too. They have a pair that I really want, but the site looks a bit too amateurish for me to be 100%. I did email JMM directly to confirm but have not had a reaponse.

Also. I'm very pleased that there is finally a thread for JMM. Been needing an outlet for months! ?

Here is my collection:

ePH9f7H.jpg

CYRLMYt.jpg

ECT81bq.jpg

gtyMuoX.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads