• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Reaction score
Looking to sell a Molino Hickory with Turquoise Lens.

Edit: Sold. Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me put a lien on my home
Was just about to pull the trigger on some Leisure Society. Will now wait!
Is December 2nd the day they release them or the day they reveal them?
I admit to being a sucker but this manufactured demand by trickling out releases is annoying AF. Like when my football team reveals the new season’s kit in small bits day by day. Just release the damn thing already.

Last edited:

Mr Jay

Reaction score
Hey guys! First of all, what an amazing community you have here :D

So.. I've always been into spectacles - to be fair, only into the metal ones. Somehow acetate frames always looked and felt like toys to me. That was until I had in my hands the first pair of Jacques Marie Mage. I was blown away by the sturdiness of the frame and that acetate.. just wow! So I got myself a pair, Pasolini in black. The optician mentioned that this frame is some sort of special edition.. anyway what really drew me into this one was the unique shape, oh and the metal gold rims - such a nice touch. Still not sure if this will be my only spec from the brand.. I guess we'll see 😁

IMG_7294.jpg

WE349

Reaction score
You started off with one of the more grail models! Its quite special and unique. The slope is slippery, be careful.

Cobra

Reaction score
How long does it take you guys to hear from JMM about returns?

Valfunde

Reaction score
Hey guys! First of all, what an amazing community you have here :D

So.. I've always been into spectacles - to be fair, only into the metal ones. Somehow acetate frames always looked and felt like toys to me. That was until I had in my hands the first pair of Jacques Marie Mage. I was blown away by the sturdiness of the frame and that acetate.. just wow! So I got myself a pair, Pasolini in black. The optician mentioned that this frame is some sort of special edition.. anyway what really drew me into this one was the unique shape, oh and the metal gold rims - such a nice touch. Still not sure if this will be my only spec from the brand.. I guess we'll see 😁

View attachment 1711537
Well, let me ask what everyone's thinking: what shop?

dsk321

Reaction score
The Taos appear the best on you so far.
I really like the Taos on you.

Those are actually a pair I want to try next if I can find some in person.
Tnx! I picked them up at the Abbott Kinney shop and they did a great job with some adjustments to widen it. It’s a pretty cool place and I happened to be in LA with time to kill. I been lusting for an eclipse.

It’s just funny on most people they are bold and oversized but for me they feel like a balanced medium frame.

dsk321

Reaction score
The bridge on the Taos looks too small on you. You may be better off with a frame with a wider bridge.
i just accept my face will always have a gap on most sunglasses, including jmm. Only keyhole designs and wire frames mask it.

i''ve done side by side comparisons on every pair i've held/possessed and the actual nosepad widths are the same, regardless of listed bridge width. You can also see it across 1269 pics. He and I have a similar broad nose shape and the gap is always there, just some shots mask it slightly depending on the lighting.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Own a Fountain Pen?

• I own one but I hardly ever use it

• I own multiple ones but I always use the same ol' BIC

• Yes, and I use it often

• Yes, I collect them

• Ballpoint is the way

Results are only viewable after voting.