• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

WE349

Reaction score
End Clothing had one, not sure if its ongoing. They have some JMM.

Reactions: c84

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So have been looking to buy my first pair of JMM’s and found a shop like 10minutes from me that actually carry a few. Kind of a surprise since they aren’t listed as a stockist on JMM. Shop owner wasnt the nicest lady but probably because I have the face of a child and this is more of an old money part of town. After a little convincing, she let me try on a few.

Really wish I would’ve fully removed the mask to give myself a better idea but was was trying to take these fairly quickly.

Molino -
85808775-BD44-448A-9EA5-34C5C02F5523.jpeg
Just instantly simple but nice. Like the style but after looking at pictures I took they appeared a tad too wide. Should’ve checked if they were the 55.

Fellini -
E3E041DA-C632-4B2E-92E0-9CBBC7FE5112.jpeg
Really liked these more than I expected. Almost walked out the door with them but stopped myself.

Tried on some others that I can’t recall the name but nothing that I truly liked. I was hoping she had a hidden pair of Ichikawas but sadly, nope. Looking for some Optical Frames so still thinking those are my best bet.

Last edited:

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So have been looking to buy my first pair of JMM’s and found a shop like 10minutes from me that actually carry a few. Kind of a surprise since they aren’t listed as a stockist on JMM. Shop owner wasnt the nicest lady but probably because I have the face of a child and this is more of an old money part of town. After a little convincing, she let me try on a few.

Really wish I would’ve fully removed the mask to give myself a better idea but was was trying to take these fairly quickly.

Molino -
Just instantly simple but nice. Like the style but after looking at pictures I took they appeared a tad too wide. Should’ve checked if they were the 55.

Fellini -
Really liked these more than I expected. Almost walked out the door with them but stopped myself.

Tried on some others that I can’t recall the name but nothing that I truly liked. I was hoping she had a hidden pair of Ichikawas but sadly, nope. Looking for some Optical Frames so still thinking those are my best bet.
I don't think they look too small on you, personally. I think the Fellini looks better on you, between the two. I'd wager the Zephirin would be decent as well.

dsk321

Reaction score

Molino -

Fellini -

Fellini is good cause it counterbalances your head shape. I would bet Dealan would also work for you, anything top heavy as opposed to circular/rectangular/square.

SimModa

Reaction score
Great choice! I love both my Sage and Seed Fellini.
Was just chatting with @WE349 about that seed color way. I gotta try Seed in person. Color looks great in pictures on the Fellini and the Holiday Dealans. Not sure how the color will work on me, but maybe next year when Olive comes out ill take another look. I don't know how I feel owning 3-4 pairs of the same frame in different colors especially when theres quite few I haven't tried yet. Then again the Fellini is so damn good.

WE349

Reaction score
With JMM, I feel it can make sense to have multiples in different colors. The various colors make them each quite different to my eyes. I have Walker in root beer and in rover, I don’t feel like I’m wearing the same frame when I compare them. I don’t see doing similar colors or two dark colors of the same frame. Havana and noir might not be different enough for example. I also get your point, so many frames to enjoy. The titanium are really cool and super comfortable.

dsk321

Reaction score
Was just chatting with @WE349 about that seed color way. I gotta try Seed in person. Color looks great in pictures on the Fellini and the Holiday Dealans. Not sure how the color will work on me, but maybe next year when Olive comes out ill take another look. I don't know how I feel owning 3-4 pairs of the same frame in different colors especially when theres quite few I haven't tried yet. Then again the Fellini is so damn good.
I’d say if you know you love it get multiples. I prefer variety but atm my small collection in fact is 2 pairs of Jax and the Dealan 53. I have the Yves in a new colorway on preorder from my local trunk show.

The Jax is interesting cause I have first gen Havana 3 and second gen noir that fit differently, but the shape is so good either way and both are comfortable after adjustment.

verver

Reaction score

Molino -

Fellini -

Neither looks too small. I like fellini on u better. Agree dealan would also work

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think they look too small on you, personally. I think the Fellini looks better on you, between the two. I'd wager the Zephirin would be decent as well.
Fellini is good cause it counterbalances your head shape. I would bet Dealan would also work for you, anything top heavy as opposed to circular/rectangular/square.
Neither looks too small. I like fellini on u better. Agree dealan would also work
Thanks for the input, fellas. I too preferred the Fellini but needed some reassurance from the more knowledgeable over here. I’ll have to take your recommendations and find a Dealan to compare with.

I also really like the Zeph and that was my safe choice if all others failed.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, fellas. I too preferred the Fellini but needed some reassurance from the more knowledgeable over here. I’ll have to take your recommendations and find a Dealan to compare with.

I also really like the Zeph and that was my safe choice if all others failed.
BTW, based on your fit photos you'd want the Zeph 47, not the smaller one I'm pretty sure.

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members