• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention when I was trawling sunglasses shops this week …
Oliver People’s does the six slot leather brief case too. I didn’t look too closely and I’ve never handled the JMM version so I can’t speak to a comparison but I think the fella said it was $500 available in burgundy or black which may be a bit cheaper than the JMM one if anyone’s interested but wanting to save a few $$.

The case is absolutely not worth it. Maybe $50. Maybe. Please don't buy the JMM case, and if the OP case is any similar don't buy that either.

I'm not kidding when I say literally just buy something off Amazon and it will be the same quality.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! New to the JMM thread, I wanted to ask anyone of you, have you experienced any quality issues with your JMM frames I own the Jax, and so far it's been holding up strong. But I had some of the stamping on the inside fade already. I do regularly clean them with the provided cloth.

This is perfectly normal and happens because the arms are rubbing against your temple. It might mean your frames are too tight, depending on the fit. This has only happened to one of my frames, Enzos, but I imagine with more time the others will follow. Nothing to worry about!

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The case is absolutely not worth it. Maybe $50. Maybe. Please don't buy the JMM case, and if the OP case is any similar don't buy that either.

I'm not kidding when I say literally just buy something off Amazon and it will be the same quality.
Oof! that’s quite the recommendation!?
That bad eh?

I have thirty pairs of shades and keep them in the six slot glass topped black pleather cases which go for about $30 on eBay. I have similar cases for mywatches, cufflinks, lapel pins, fountain pens etc.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might get them then. I only have a black pair of dealans but I didn't want too many black frames. I waffled a little bit on the lava Taos and they sold out.

Although also considering havana 5 torino, love that high contrast.

By the way I don't know if you ever ended up buying Fellini/Molino, but now owning both, I definitely think the fellini are not as versatile as the Molino. I think it is reasonable to own both.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I might get them then. I only have a black pair of dealans but I didn't want too many black frames. I waffled a little bit on the lava Taos and they sold out.

Although also considering havana 5 torino, love that high contrast.

By the way I don't know if you ever ended up buying Fellini/Molino, but now owning both, I definitely think the fellini are not as versatile as the Molino. I think it is reasonable to own both.

I ended up getting both. I really like how the Mollino looks with suits and sport coats, but also how Fellini makes a bit of a statement.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oof! that’s quite the recommendation!?
That bad eh?

I have thirty pairs of shades and keep them in the six slot glass topped black pleather cases which go for about $30 on eBay. I have similar cases for mywatches, cufflinks, lapel pins, fountain pens etc.

Yes, I got the 6slot (without JMM branding, but same exact case), and it's flimsy to be honest. Nothing special. The leather is soft in that "feels like fake leather" way, and it's all just kinda glued together. The velvet inside is also just whatever, and it just plain feels like it has a cardboard core. Nowhere near the prices that the brands are charging.

I only recommend not to buy it so that people should spend it on frames instead!

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ended up getting both. I really like how the Mollino looks with suits and sport coats, but also how Fellini makes a bit of a statement.

Yeah, the molino just kinda go with everything, but the slight frame taper and the beveled edge really make the Fellini stand out imo. People notice it more as "fashion" glasses but the Molino just blend in. Which colors did you get? I got the Argyle Fellini and Shironeri Molinos.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, the molino just kinda go with everything, but the slight frame taper and the beveled edge really make the Fellini stand out imo. People notice it more as "fashion" glasses but the Molino just blend in. Which colors did you get? I got the Argyle Fellini and Shironeri Molinos.

Bought the Fellini in Argyle and the Mollinos in one of their versions of black (can't remember the name, but it's basically just black).

I also picked up the Enzo. That's the frame I own in the Marquina colorway. Picked that up because I like how it looks with a black Margiela five zip and black jeans.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enzos are fantastic. My most worn pair, maybe, I think mine is Havana 3/4 or whatever. If you don't have the Sturges, it's a fantastic frame. Honestly I think one of their best -- it's super versatile and I think a major sleeper, and a great change from all the rectangular frames I have.

Reactions: AVG

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just going to keep posting back to back.

Does anyone have pics of Tempest colorway worn or in natural lighting? Trying to gaugehow dark or light of a gray it actually is.

Or just in general have opinions on Tempest?

liahos1

Reaction score
I went to 1269 to look at Taos in tempest. I ultimately decided against the pair as the shape wasn’t right for my face.

the frames look solid indoors and more translucent outdoors. I would characterize the color way as “darkish”.

they are on the right (positioned up and down) in the attached photo.

hope that helps

Attachments

• B523207C-4E68-49AC-824A-47392E999B82.jpeg
    B523207C-4E68-49AC-824A-47392E999B82.jpeg
    219.4 KB · Views: 103

photograft

Reaction score
Finally had a chance to swing by a frames shop recently. Looks like I’m finally getting a pair of Fellinis. (Actually 2, one in Noir, and one in Royal)
8A1A822E-ECDA-4974-80C1-414FECD876B3.jpeg

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
I'm just going to keep posting back to back.

Does anyone have pics of Tempest colorway worn or in natural lighting? Trying to gaugehow dark or light of a gray it actually is.

Or just in general have opinions on Tempest?

Not outside in natural light, and certainly not my Fellini, but I wish they were.

120095174_2740243766297577_5815869278507189815_n.jpg
120100134_2740243769630910_2413198729768066440_n.jpg
120198944_2740243772964243_8385754785680233965_n.jpg

Also this from Jaymig.

5C902FFB-4769-48D5-91DF-EF479F865012.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics