• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But this one is my favorite:

@nahneun : the Torino’s are too big for my face and don’t fit should I get Enzo

me; no they’re literally basically the same measurements and frames

@nahneun : buys enzos, “why don’t these fit or look good”

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
to be fair, only about 5 or so models are actually good, the majority of the models are pretty bad, so I still stand by that

Really? I would go as far as to say that I think only five models are bad. I don't know if there are even that many; might be less. I think the wilder or weirder ones just require the right face and personality, but the batting average is super high.

Only thing that stops me from buying is the price. I have six frames and would like to add more, but six already feels incredibly indulgent to me. If they were cheaper, I'd certainly be less hesitant.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
But this one is my favorite:

@nahneun : the Torino’s are too big for my face and don’t fit should I get Enzo

me; no they’re literally basically the same measurements and frames

@nahneun : buys enzos, “why don’t these fit or look good”

rude

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
to be fair, only about 5 or so models are actually good, the majority of the models are pretty bad, so I still stand by that
To be fair YOU only like 5 or so models. I agree a bunch of frames aren’t my cup of tea, but those frames I find weird or wild work for folks with weird or wild faces.

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
Really? I would go as far as to say that I think only five models are bad. I don't know if there are even that many; might be less. I think the wilder or weirder ones just require the right face and personality, but the batting average is super high.

Only thing that stops me from buying is the price. I have six frames and would like to add more, but six already feels incredibly indulgent to me. If they were cheaper, I'd certainly be less hesitant.

I believe the entire exercise of identifying one model of frame as “good” or another as “bad” is entirely subjective. As you say, what may look unattractive on one face, could look handsome on another’s.

I have arrived at a time in my life when I get a great kick out seeing someone simply express themselves. I’d much rather see someone wear something a bit outrageous, rather than uninspired or downright boring. There are times when Nick Wooster puts something together that I raise an eyebrow to; drop crotch pants never seemed flattering to my eye on his frame, but I admire the creative risk taking, and in the right frame, I might like them, perhaps try them out.

The frames I am wearing right now, I suppose, would appeal to almost no one on this thread, but they are rather new for me (bought at the same time I purchased the gorgeous Irwins in vintage tortoise), and when I wear them, I seem to garner a lot of compliments. The frames are perfectly round, 38 mm, made of a rather thickish acetate (not JMM thick, but somewhat bold). The man wearing the Walker or Molino 55 could not pull them off, but on my freakishly small face ? they are flattering, and unique.

Perhaps what I most like about JMM, apart from the quality and materials, is the fact that many are so bold, and oversized. It is great fun seeing what others choose, and how they suit the wearers who contribute to this thread. Even those I’d like to wear, but simply cannot do justice to.

This is why I visit this thread, besides trying to keep informed on the brand. There are no “bad” frames, there are just poor fits.

Last edited:

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you can say that about literally any piece of clothing or accessory (it’s not ugly, just needs the right person to pull off), including the checkered frames everyone here **** on.

I think kobos are ugly, and that they’ll look bad on 90% of the dudes clamoring to buy them. Doesn’t mean that the 10% won’t look great in them.

the designs are cool as objects, just like many fashion items are, but just aren’t great when you don’t look like an old Bond villain like that model they always use. It’s why Molinos and Dealans sell so well — they’re great designs, built really nicely, and actually look good on people buying them.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
me in my optical enzos reading someone disrespect jmm

E7_IFOqVEAcGvV7.jpeg

Billy Ray Valentine

Reaction score
I believe the entire exercise of identifying one model of frame as “good” or another as “bad” is entirely subjective. As you say, what may look unattractive on one face, could look handsome on another’s.

I have arrived at a time in my life when I get a great kick out seeing someone simply express themselves. I’d much rather see someone wear something a bit outrageous, rather than uninspired or downright boring. There are times when Nick Wooster puts something together that I raise an eyebrow to; drop crotch pants never seemed flattering to my eye on his frame, but I admire the creative risk taking, and in the right frame, I might like them, perhaps try them out.

The frames I am wearing right now, I suppose, would appeal to almost no one on this thread, but they are rather new for me (bought at the same time I purchased the gorgeous Irwins in vintage tortoise), and when I wear them, I seem to garner a lot of compliments. The frames are perfectly round, 38 mm, made of a rather thickish acetate (not JMM thick, but somewhat bold). The man wearing the Walker or Molino 55 could not pull them off, but on my freakishly small face ? they are flattering, and unique.

Perhaps what I most like about JMM, apart from the quality and materials, is the fact that many are so bold, and oversized. It is great fun seeing what others choose, and how they suit the wearers who contribute to this thread. Even those I’d like to wear, but simply cannot do justice to.

This is why I visit this thread, besides trying to keep informed on the brand. There are no “bad” frames, there are just poor fits.
What brand are the 38mm frames?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads