• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Billy Ray Valentine

Reaction score
I order from Chicago. Price on the JMM site is what I pay (i.e. no taxes). Also ordered from a few other out of state retailers and no tax.
It must be a zip code thing or something because I just checked the site now to see and they definitely charging me tax right now.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It must be a zip code thing or something because I just checked the site now to see and they definitely charging me tax right now.
FWIW, my local eyewear store in California told me that they can exclude tax if I remove the lenses. If you remove the lenses, then sunglasses become optical glasses and thus medical equipment (at least according to my local eyewear shop). And medical equipment is excluded from sales tax. Sunglasses are considered fashion items.

I don't know if this is just for California or if other stores recognize this exemption. It might be worth calling to ask. If you already get prescription lenses in your sunglasses, then you prob don't have any need for the non-prescription lenses that come with the frames.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks!! I’m a bit scared of the size of those too. May try then out at some point.

Hanto

Reaction score
Essentially, if you can find stock anywhere, get it. I've just spoken with a UK store, who's wife is the UK rep, and they have said what others have, which is that, even if a store places an order, they don't know if they will get it, so they may never recieve it, despite their status as a retailer. So you may be waiting for a looooooong time...

I'll wait and see what 1269 says later today, but at this rate, I'm just going to pay the slight extra and order from Japan I reckon.

Edit: Also spoke to Italian rep and there are no Root Beer or Fade in Italy. :)

Last edited:

Pureneat

Reaction score
Exactly. They are £585 plus postage. Which is about $800. You may as well proxy it from Japan at this rate.

I've been told UK retail is 560 but no idea when they are turning up and will no doubt miss the boat. Only concern is if they don't suit me I cannot return tjem
Yeah but you probably would have np selling them on (and add your own markup) 👍
Essentially, if you can find stock anywhere, get it. I've just spoken with a UK store, who's wife is the UK rep, and they have said what others have, which is that, even if a store places an order, they don't know if they will get it, so they may never recieve it, despite their status as a retailer. So you may be waiting for a looooooong time...

I'll wait and see what 1269 says later today, but at this rate, I'm just going to pay the slight extra and order from Japan I reckon.

half the fun of JMM is the search(and they know it) 😀

Hanto

Reaction score
Yeah but you probably would have np selling them on (and add your own markup) 👍

half the fun of JMM is the search(and they know it) 😀
TBH, this is half the reason why I consider shopping a hobby, and why I buy brands like JMM, Visvim, etc. Bloody dopamine! :D

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.