• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Kobo's are starting to drop. Can anyone make sense of the drop down options?

Edit. I think it's if you want custom work, as it looks like the frame comes with standard lenses.
That shop seems to do interesting custom work. They attach nose pads for an "Asian fit." Don't think I've seen that before.

DSC00991.jpeg
DSC00993.jpeg

Billy Ray Valentine

Reaction score
Kobo's are starting to drop. Can anyone make sense of the drop down options?

Edit. I think it's if you want custom work, as it looks like the frame comes with standard lenses.
If only the cost wasn't so much to ship to the US.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah they do look interesting. Not sure I need but was a bit unsure as to whether the noir Kobo was an optic?

Also, anyone know when the vintage tort devaux is arriving?
From the photos posted so far, they look like strictly sunglasses. They're kinda big.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That shop seems to do interesting custom work. They attach nose pads for an "Asian fit." Don't think I've seen that before.

View attachment 1647298View attachment 1647297
I've looked into this before and there aren't many western companies that will do this service that I could find. The ones that do use the silicone ones (at least the last time I looked). I think it generally involves taking some material off of the frame where the acetate nose pads were and then drilling the frames for the nosepad posts.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've looked into this before and there aren't many western companies that will do this service that I could find. The ones that do use the silicone ones (at least the last time I looked). I think it generally involves taking some material off of the frame where the acetate nose pads were and then drilling the frames for the nosepad posts.
Looks like this company does it in Tulsa, OK.

This company seems to be a mail-in service just for making "Asian-fit nose pads."

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like this company does it in Tulsa, OK.

This company seems to be a mail-in service just for making "Asian-fit nose pads."

Thanks for the links. I do remember being on their site before in 2019 when I was searching (I remember those before/after pics), but it seems like they may have upgraded their services since then.

Hanto

Reaction score
Anyone got a rundown of the colours for the Kobo. Noir, Root Beer, Fade. Anything else?

Keen to know people have their eye on. @UrbanComposition - did you have the root beer for your shoot?

Basically do I go fade or root beer?

Fade looks easier to wear but root bear is more interesting.

Last edited:

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are Ichikawas coming this month? I haven't seen much about those. I want some ichikawa sunnies.

Billy Ray Valentine

Reaction score
I see all the Japanese retailers are finally putting up the Kobo and Ichikawa's.

Hopefully not much longer for us in the US.

I am noticing that this collection is a bit more limited than usual as.

Pureneat

Reaction score
I see all the Japanese retailers are finally putting up the Kobo and Ichikawa's.

Hopefully not much longer for us in the US.

I am noticing that this collection is a bit more limited than usual as.
Yeah some nice pics of the Ichikawa‘s(RX) on Gleam Opticals insta feed.

Hanto

Reaction score
I've rung around basically every UK dealer and people are getting them but don't know the stock or price! 😂 I even emailed the UK JMM rep.

Anyone pre-ordered from 1269? Eric says they are nearer the $700 plus bracket and Lorenzo says $600-650.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.