• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would Good See Co have something for 750 and JMM have the same colour and model for 650?
Just an error, right?

I bought my Dealans from them for $600 and the next day the price went up to $650. And they didn’t charge me tax.

Seems their pricing is a bit all over the place.

Goofy

Reaction score
Nope I’ve noticed this a couple of times.
I was in the Boca Raton area a few months back and tried on the hickory AS Dealans. They were $640 in Edward Beiners in the mall, $850 in some independent shop a mile away.
(I went away and thought about it and later got them mail order from EB, they didn’t charge me tax IIRC)
Yes, but the AS is sold out on the JMM website. They maybe still available at a few retailers around the globe, but they’re not easy to source. Often collaboration pieces are produced in fewer amounts. This could also be a determining factor when considering price and the fact it’s a collaboration piece may make certain models more collectible and therefore more desirable. It maybe a simple mistake, but the fact both the charcoal and hickory are priced way above msrp on GSC points to the contrary.

Maybe prices are influenced by the rate in which models are sold. The faster stock is depleted, the higher the price of the remaining stock becomes.

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but the AS is sold out on the JMM website. They maybe still available at a few retailers around the globe, but they’re not easy to source. Often collaboration pieces are produced in fewer amounts. This could also be a determining factor when considering price and the fact it’s a collaboration piece may make certain models more collectible and therefore more desirable. It maybe a simple mistake, but the fact both the charcoal and hickory are priced way above msrp on GSC points to the contrary.
Fair - but this was several months ago when they were more widely available and (possibly) still on the JMM website!

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just added a paragraph to my above post.
Yeah you might be right about that. Like hotel rooms or airline tickets they start notching up the price as stocks run low.
There’s a photographic artist I love named Peter Lik and I’d love to own some of his stuff but you can’t get anyone to give you a price and judge value as he does limited print runs and as more are sold the price goes up.

Connorh

Reaction score
Speaking of B/S/T I have a pair of JMM Last Frontier Sante Fe Noir on the bay. Happy to answer any questions, provide pics to members on here who may be interested. :cool:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of B/S/T I have a pair of JMM Last Frontier Sante Fe Noir on the bay. Happy to answer any questions, provide pics to members on here who may be interested. :cool:
They are really tasty - good luck with the sale I just can’t stomach that price for sunglasses. If I paid that much I’d probably wear them all day every day to the detriment of all my others. **** - I’d even wear them in my sleep!!

(Rovers at that price and I’d probably sell my child to get them! ??)

Udo

Reaction score
Bison Mahogany Rodeo's available in a german store, in case anybody is looking for them:

Great shop, I order all my JMM's from them, but I don't know about their international shipping policies.

Reaction score
Why would Good See Co have something for 750 and JMM have the same colour and model for 650?
Just an error, right?
A few weeks ago Good See had the Taos in white with red lenses for $1500 while Hopper goods was selling them at $650 (in stock too). More power to them I guess if they’re able to sell at markups.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was kinda disappointed with GoodSee's customer service recently. Took multiple follow-ups to get emails answered, they couldn't secure a frame in a limited colorway, they require a 9% stocking fee on orders over $1k (which is basically two JMM frames), they don't offer pre-paid return shipping labels, and I felt like I was getting the pushy sales treatment when pre-ordering ("pre order now! Order window is about to close!" when the pre-order window just ended up lasting for months).

Versus Dan Deutsch, where emails were answered within 24 hours, sometimes the same day. They secured the limited color. There's no restocking fee and they provide a return label. And when I purchased two frames, the sales associate said one color may be hard to wear and that I shouldn't feel bad returning.

GoodSee has really nice online presentation -- I like that the frames are photographed (rather than relying on JMM's stock images) and they have a 360-degree presentation (helpful). But I feel like I've gotten better customer service at Deutsch and Gogosha. Would be bummed if I bought a pair of frames from them and learned they're marked up from what JMM themselves charged.

Adroit

Reaction score
Over the years, I purchased several pairs of sunglasses from GSC, including four JMMs. For a while, GSC offered me favorable pricing on JMMs (e.g, discounts). That said, I purchased my last two JMMs from TwelveSixtyNine because, even though GSC had both pairs in stock and I was a long time customer, their pricing was higher. With my most recent Hickory Jax, I told GSC the price being offered by TwelveSixtyNine and, as a sign of my loyalty, I offered to buy the frames from GSC if they simply matched TwelveSixtyNine's price. GSC was unwilling to match the price. The differential was not material, but the principle was and I purchased my second pair of JMMs from TwelveSixtyNine.

With other manufacturers, GSC continues to offer the best pricing. There have been several instances where I discovered sunglasses elsewhere and GSC soundly beat the competitor's price, including not long ago a Thom Browne TB-108-F-BLK-51. I saw the sunglasses at Dan Deutsch, but GSC offered me a MUCH better price.

touchthesky

Reaction score
@d4nimal I really liked the kobos on you. Did you try on the root beer pair too? If so, thoughts on how they worked with your complexion?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads