• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Apparently Delean and Molino are their best sellers.
you found the regular Molino too big or the 55s?
The standard Molino was one of the pairs I’ve been thinking about next.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im seriously considering a pair of Saints since I loved the Havana on the Fellini so much

Those are interesting but I'm not sure the yellow lenses are dark enough. I'm considering the noir version.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The regular Molino (51s). Which was surprising, because my David Kind Wexlers are almost the same exact measurements, just encased in far less material and therefore more lightweight.

I haven't cracked the code as to how frame measurements determine fit.

verver

Reaction score
@OccultaVexillum, the enzos look good on u. Wouldn’t second guess it.
love my jmm Fitzgeralds eyeglasses, feel like it’s a pretty versatile style. Those and my hopper sunglasses make all my other previous frames (supposedly good quality) feel like cheap plastic toy frames.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought from Avvenice and can vouch for them being legit?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@OccultaVexillum, the enzos look good on u. Wouldn’t second guess it.
love my jmm Fitzgeralds eyeglasses, feel like it’s a pretty versatile style. Those and my hopper sunglasses make all my other previous frames (supposedly good quality) feel like cheap plastic toy frames.

Thank you :)
I do like them a lot. I just want to swap the blue lenses for some grey/smoke polarized ones

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
The Molino 51´s are one their best IMHO. Here’s me with the Havana 3´s think I put this pic up before but haven’t been anywhere cool since the rona. I like the whole see your eyes through the lens thing. The Molino is super easy to wear

C5A3CE01-5CBA-468F-8AD0-B59B3D3011D1.jpeg

I also loved the Vintage Tort Ascaris on sight since the Enzo didn’t work out for me and the Ascaris did. Don’t have a fit pic but I took a pic of it in the sun and the tort looked great and has the vibe I’m looking for

2A04D0B7-8C0E-4142-B0D4-E92FB2A4949B.jpeg

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Enzo in Noir all sold out? Didnt do an in depth search but the first few results are preorders for fall.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going in Saturday to pick up the Zephirin Yellowstones. I was intending to use them as sunglasses, but now I'm thinking I might have optical lenses put in and opt for a different pair for shades.
If the Yellowstones were available for me to try on I would've gotten them in a heartbeat. I really like the shape and would wear them as opticals all the time. The Jax is alllllmost too big for my face as opticals but the roundness at the bottom helps balance it out. Another Jax wearer described them as "round square" which is the perfect interpretation. I put transitions (G-15) in so they can double as sunnies. I think I'll try to put transitions in my Mollino's because the shape is not too crazy for opticals and fits my face well. Opticians will tell you your eyes should more or less be horizontally center in the frame, and your decision should be less dependent on of the rest of your face.

For strictly sunglasses I lean toward large, oversized frames since it doesn't matter where my eyes in the frames, it's all about whatever look you're going for.

Molino's are great but just a heads up: the 55s are massive.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Yellowstones were available for me to try on I would've gotten them in a heartbeat. I really like the shape and would wear them as opticals all the time. The Jax is alllllmost too big for my face as opticals but the roundness at the bottom helps balance it out. Another Jax wearer described them as "round square" which is the perfect interpretation. I put transitions (G-15) in so they can double as sunnies. I think I'll try to put transitions in my Mollino's because the shape is not too crazy for opticals and fits my face well. Opticians will tell you your eyes should more or less be horizontally center in the frame, and your decision should be less dependent on of the rest of your face.

For strictly sunglasses I lean toward large, oversized frames since it doesn't matter where my eyes in the frames, it's all about whatever look you're going for.

(I'll just reply here and assume Fok will port this over as well) Yea, I was surprised they worked for me, being rounded, but I think the combination with the square angles does it. I will keep everyone updated (in the JMM thread) on the Yellowstone Zephirins.

Do you not wear prescription lenses with your sunglasses?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah i wouldn't be looking at the 55s since the Enzo is all I need for an oversize frame.
If i did get another oversize pair it would probably be the Yves

I'm hoping the Nokona will fit me more for daily use and I think it will sit really well with Lemaire / Jil / Haider / Dries.
I was going to get the Sartre instead but the colour i wanted sold out, so scooped the Nokona.
After these 2 i want something in havana 3 or lava or a lighter colour.

I really like the Molino, Sturges and Fitzgerald but waffle a bit between those or something a bit rounder and weirder like the Zephrin and Mont Blanc

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics