• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Jaymig926

Reaction score
Honestly it’s gross but I have over 20. Right now I’m digging the molinos I just picked up in wax and the hunter. Also the jax in Havana. But really I dig them all ! Lol just picked up the Dealan in reserve and will fork over the Yves in reserve I have to the wife or sell them. Maybe..... lol.
just picking up the Walker and the new frontier Dakota in Havana got a super fast peek at them at a showing. Then I’m done for a while. Lol

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly it’s gross but I have over 20. Right now I’m digging the molinos I just picked up in wax and the hunter. Also the jax in Havana. But really I dig them all ! Lol just picked up the Dealan in reserve and will fork over the Yves in reserve I have to the wife or sell them. Maybe..... lol.
just picking up the Walker and the new frontier Dakota in Havana got a super fast peek at them at a showing. Then I’m done for a while. Lol
Any chance you may have the Scarpa and/or Altamont? If so, could you post a fit pic?

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m always interested in peoples’ motivations.
I already had over 30 pairs of sunglasses before I discovered JMM. Ray Bans, Tags, Tom Fords, Oliver People’s, Garrett Leights, Randolphs, Roka, Moscots, Vuarnets, a Dita, a Maui Jim, My excuse is my eyes are very light sensitive and I live in FL where it’s sunny every day so sunglasses are a necessary part of daily outfits. I could of course stick with one pair but where’s the fun in that?

Having acquired a few JMM now I realise that a lot are somewhat duplicates of what I already have. So now it’s either go bonkers and spend $$$ on more JMMs or grab the edge of the rabbit hole and climb out which is what I’m trying to do, and just hold on to maybe two or three that are more unique to JMM and not near-replicas of what I already have.
Example, I have some very nice Yellowstone Sage Fitzgeralds. I was quite chuffed when I got them and loved their exclusivity but on reflection they look similar to my Moscot Hyman but the Moscots have a more appealing emerald green acetate over the more dull JMM sage. Most people wouldn’t even know the difference so any attempt at ‘signalling’ is lost. Result? I’m thinking of offloading the Fitzs.
I know I’ll keep the hickory Dealans and the hunter Molinos. The Dealans are wonderfully rich in colour and chunky enough to look different than say Ray Bans. I wouldn’t mind hickory Molinos but again, they probably wouldn’t look too much different from the Dealans in the same colour. The hunter Molinos with the purple lenses are so unique they don’t look like anything else I have.

When I first got into JMM I kept seeing a pic of hickory Dealans and thought they looked lush but $600 for a pair of shades was insane. After lashing out $$$ for three or four others I finally ended up getting the Dealans in hickory anyway. I wonder if I’d got them first if that would have scratched the itch and I’d have been done?

it’s a disease I tell ya!

OccultaVexillum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@RegisDB9 those hicocks are readily available at a few places. Mr Porter AU and UK for starters, and I saw them the other day at one point seven four in Sydney. I’d assume there’s still places in the US that have them too.

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just in case anyone’s curious about the aforementioned Moscots ...
16D95015-321C-4A88-A776-EFFF74456E8D.jpeg

The shape is sorta wayfarer-ish but a bit wider and not as tall, certainly not as tall as the Fitz but I love the emerald green. I think they’re discontinued in this colour. Obviously not 10mm acetate but well made and seven barrel hinges.
16D95015-321C-4A88-A776-EFFF74456E8D.jpeg

OccultaVexillum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anybody ordered internationally from Gogosha or Good See Co recently in the last few months? What was the shipping company they used and how long did it take?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You're like the Voxsartoria of JMM

Jaymig926

Reaction score
Lol just have to plug in pics of me in an array of pics of Steve McQueen and Keanu reeves lol
Wearing JMM’s of course !

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lol just have to plug in pics of me in an array of pics of Steve McQueen and Keanu reeves lol
Wearing JMM’s of course !
Whoops, I just realized that your join date is from this year. Didn't mean to tell what could come off as an inside joke.

Vox was a famous member here years ago that had a huge wardrobe. This is a picture of half his shoe wardrobe, for example. (the other half is on the other side of this room, laid out in the same way)

20 pairs of JMMs is very impressive.

box-1.jpg

Jaymig926

Reaction score
Np my bro lol funny either way I also have 20 pairs of converse but not as cool lol JK only 5

JDelage

Reaction score
@Thin White Duke - JMM is launching an emerald color way. I'm excited about it, though the first model is that horrible square frame.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.