• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

obecity

Reaction score
I am pretty sure I stole that .gif from this thread way back :)

For me, I always try and use the 2x lens on the iPhone for a more natural look.

The problem is having long enough arms, so I tend to set my phone up.

From theverge;

That said, when you do need to use a 1x handheld, just turn your head.

Here’s an example from this morning. Enzo Ocre on the morning drive to work.

View attachment 2204507
You two fellers gave me the information I’ve been fretting over for a couple months now. You’re the bees knees! Thanks!

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, a bit of sad news. I lost my Hemmings somewhere in Portland, Maine this past week. I've called all the places I could think of, and now thinking that I maybe left them at a playground or something.

Please let me know if you see a matte grey Hemmings with grey prescriptions lenses for sale anywhere...I would love to buy them back!!

20240617_122139.jpg

obecity

Reaction score
Hey guys, a bit of sad news. I lost my Hemmings somewhere in Portland, Maine this past week. I've called all the places I could think of, and now thinking that I maybe left them at a playground or something.

Please let me know if you see a matte grey Hemmings with grey prescriptions lenses for sale anywhere...I would love to buy them back!!

View attachment 2204785
Please tell me this is just a joke. That’s a serious loss. I was a vacation for a 5 days a couple months ago. I forget my yves ar home but thought i lost them. It ruined my whole vacation. I hope whichever scumbum who finds them gets his/her/their just desserts and more! Friggin jerks out there!

ColdinMN

Reaction score
A few fit pics. Thoughts?

Leclair Noir. My local shop (Minneapolis area) also has a pair in Sand for those interested. Liking these as opticals much more than I thought. Maybe get transition-type lenses.
IMG_1075.jpeg

IMG_1076.jpeg

Vendome Charbon. Reminds me of Jax.
IMG_1071.jpeg

IMG_1072.jpeg

Godard Samoa. My least favorite. Too cat eye for me. Color is very similar to Argyle. I wear Plaza Argyle somewhat regularly.
IMG_1078.jpeg IMG_1080.jpeg

I’m also considering Moscova for opticals, especially the Indigo or Stallion colors. Would be a totally different look, much lighter physically and visually.

As much as I tell myself I want out of JMM heavy acetate, I keep trying them on. Like a moth to the flame.

obecity

Reaction score

Leclair Noir. My local shop (Minneapolis area) also has a pair in Sand for those interested. Liking these as opticals much more than I thought. Maybe get transition-type lenses.
View attachment 2204895

View attachment 2204897

View attachment 2204899

View attachment 2204901

Godard Samoa. My least favorite. Too cat eye for me. Color is very similar to Argyle. I wear Plaza Argyle somewhat regularly.
View attachment 2204903 View attachment 2204905

I’m also considering Moscova for opticals, especially the Indigo or Stallion colors. Would be a totally different look, much lighter physically and visually.

As much as I tell myself I want out of JMM heavy acetate, I keep trying them on. Like a moth to the flame.
All three fit very well (but the Godard fits least well of them all). While I do approve Godard for you, I think the Vendome is best. The Leclaire seems too harsh in black as an optical. Leclaire needs to be a softer color because of how thick the acetate is around the eyepiece. JMTCWIYDMTI.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2204895

View attachment 2204897

View attachment 2204899

View attachment 2204901

The Leclair looks really good, the Vendome is nice as well, the Godard is not bad, but among the three is the least flattering.

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with Obecity here (Oh Christ I need a lie down!😬). I’ve said this kind of thing several times on here but the heavy black acetate of the first pair on a pale complexion like yours gives a very harsh look - this could be mitigated if they were shades, or if you chose a ‘softer’ colour like camel or something.

I quite like Vendomes but not crazy about how these fit on you. They can be a challenging shape due to the flat brow line and rounded lower frame. Are they square? Are they round? Yes!

The third pair look OK - maybe you’re not crazy about the cat eye shape, but maybe the softer colour is a better choice for your next pair.

Pureneat

Reaction score
I agree with Obecity here (Oh Christ I need a lie down!😬). I’ve said this kind of thing several times on here but the heavy black acetate of the first pair on a pale complexion like yours gives a very harsh look - this could be mitigated if they were shades, or if you chose a ‘softer’ colour like camel or something.

I quite like Vendomes but not crazy about how these fit on you. They can be a challenging shape due to the flat brow line and rounded lower frame. Are they square? Are they round? Yes!

The third pair look OK - maybe you’re not crazy about the cat eye shape, but maybe the softer colour is a better choice for your next pair.
I agree with TWD something in Hickory would be good, try the sand on and post a pic, that might work. I actually like the Godard on you shapewise. The Moscova might well be ok although the temples may be a little light.

don’t give up the search….

Last edited:

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please tell me this is just a joke. That’s a serious loss. I was a vacation for a 5 days a couple months ago. I forget my yves ar home but thought i lost them. It ruined my whole vacation. I hope whichever scumbum who finds them gets his/her/their just desserts and more! Friggin jerks out there!

Thanks man. I'm just gonna assume best intentions and hope that someone found them and didn't know where to take them or who to call. Just gonna keep an eye out on ebay or whatever and hope for the best.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You addressed a real issue. That's the reason why they use slightly changed names, as Dealan for Dylan, Molino for Mollino and had to change the former Loewy in Devaux.

In other cases they found an agreement in collaborations where they are allowed to use real names and even signatures, as for the Jeff, the Cash, the Kubrick, etc.
I notice the new Melvilles look very close to Sebergs so I wonder if this is just a name change for the same reasons you mentioned here.

BTW I have silver Sebergs for sale with bottle green lenses. Barely worn. PM for insider discount! I got them due to a sudden rush of blood right after I got LS Cortez and just preferred the look of the Cortez on me but they’re really good looking shades!

RonF

Reaction score

View attachment 2204895

View attachment 2204897

View attachment 2204899

View attachment 2204901

IMHO, the Leclair looks best on you of ANY frame you've posted that I have seen since joining this thread. They all look "good"....but the Leclair is made for your face. They have the longest lens shape (top to bottom) which compliments the length of your face, from your hairline to your chin. The shape is perfectly suited to your face, as it tapers towards your chin. As opticals these look great on you! And, I don't mind the black, its a classic masculine look. I can imagine that Agar or softer colors would look equally as good with your complexion. But.....Leclair for the win, for you. I prefer the Godard second on you, though the cat eye is not as flattering for your face shape. And the Vendome, though I love that frame style, works least well on you (and me too, btw).

ColdinMN

Reaction score
IMHO, the Leclair looks best on you of ANY frame you've posted that I have seen since joining this thread. They all look "good"....but the Leclair is made for your face. They have the longest lens shape (top to bottom) which compliments the length of your face, from your hairline to your chin. The shape is perfectly suited to your face, as it tapers towards your chin. As opticals these look great on you! And, I don't mind the black, its a classic masculine look. I can imagine that Agar or softer colors would look equally as good with your complexion. But.....Leclair for the win, for you. I prefer the Godard second on you, though the cat eye is not as flattering for your face shape. And the Vendome, though I love that frame style, works least well on you (and me too, btw).
Thanks for the kind and thoughtful feedback. Now you have me rethinking about the Leclair frames! I might have to go back and try on the Sand color although I do like the boldness of the black. Like many of you, I wish they released the Leclair in different colors.

I might put my Plaza Argyle frames on the market. I just don’t find myself reaching for them.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strwberryswitchbladee