• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, I watched Jurassic World Dominion again this week despite being a terrible movie because I love the original one from 1993 as I was a big dino nerd when it came out and having the original cast (Neill, Dern and Goldblum) together again is a big nostalgia trip.

Still bummed that they didn’t release the “Ian”. The Jeff are great but these are better IMO, like a perfect cross between the Jeff and the Ashcroft.

Again maybe it’s the JP fanboy in me.

jacques-marie-mage-the-ian-glasses.jpg
Yeah I’d definitely have been in for a pair of these too just as you say - Jeff X Ashcroft is my sweet spot. Would be great if they’d release these especially if they had the balls to do them in something other than boring black and brown tort.

penkala

Reaction score
Perhaps it’s the Australian climate, or the silica boxes I place within my wardrobe, or the dehumidifier I run periodically to protect my clothing and expensive belongings, but this is Agar after almost 3 years.

View attachment 2203809 View attachment 2203811 View attachment 2203813 View attachment 2203815
My older pairs are the same as on 1st day. People on chat were actually taking photos in-store of oxi issues on Enzo.

I just received Devaux 5 days ago and noticed this "foggy" pattern on both sides. Not sure if start of oxi or glue fumes on metal. Was hunting down this frame for some time, but I'll probably return them this week.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_8874.JPG
    IMG_8874.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 59

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re. the “Ian” model, there might be some copyright issues at play. Ian Malcolm is a character whose rights I guess originally belonged to Michael Crichton who I suppose sold them to Universal. I wonder at what point selling that model would’ve considered movie merchandise and Universal might have objected.

I’ve always wondered about the legal aspect when it comes to JMM models, which are usually (always?) liked to some real person or fictional character. Was using Dealan instead of Dylan a way to protect themselves from a lawsuit? Is there some kind of deal/contract in the cases where the person is alive and well (e.g. Richard Ashcroft)? What about the cases where the person is long dead and the real name is used, like Fellini or Enzo, do they have their heirs’ permission?

The Jeff I guess are different as the guy itself is promoting/endorsing them so either he’s happy to do it because he likes the stuff (and in exchange for some free pairs), or he takes a cut.

Last edited:

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally bought a larger case for my frames. RX frames have been living in the 3 slot which has been really convenient for day to day, but I was really getting sick of jumping between boxes for my sun frames. This does leave my Enzo Ochre in a hard shell for now, but I have another on the way so I’ll fill another 6 slot. Ideally another JMM briefcase.

IMG_4240.jpeg
IMG_4241.jpeg
IMG_4238.jpeg
IMG_4239.jpeg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally bought a larger case for my frames. RX frames have been living in the 3 slot which has been really convenient for day to day, but I was really getting sick of jumping between boxes for my sun frames. This does leave my Enzo Ochre in a hard shell for now, but I have another on the way so I’ll fill another 6 slot. Ideally another JMM briefcase.

View attachment 2204313 View attachment 2204315 View attachment 2204317 View attachment 2204319
If your brand loyalty extends to buying their cases too then knock yourself out but IMO the Guichard ones are better and half the price!

Pakman161

Reaction score
If your brand loyalty extends to buying their cases too then knock yourself out but IMO the Guichard ones are better and half the price!
He got them at a pretty heavy discount via JMM facebook group. I wouldn't say his brand loyalty extends to just buying cases, he's been very vocal about the oxidation issue apparent in temples with exposed wire cores. To me, seems that he just wants the continuity of having brand name consistency in his JMM collection. But if Guichard does cases for half the price and of better quality, I would agree with you in just buying that as opposed to JMM's briefcases for 2x the markup. At some point though, you might has well just have a carpenter build you a nice wooden built in glass case in your closet if you start to amass 20-30 + frames. I think you'd get your moneys worth on that vs. 4 briefcases.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scenario: You have to sell 1 or more pairs from your collection. Post your pair(s) and reason.

5 pairs: 1 pair goes
6-11: 2 pairs go
12-16: 3 pairs
17-21: 4 pairs.

18--22+:
You lost all your pairs to me. Now you have to start all over again!

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scenario: You have to sell 1 or more pairs from your collection. Post your pair(s) and reason.

5 pairs: 1 pair goes
6-11: 2 pairs go
12-16: 3 pairs
17-21: 4 pairs.

18--22+:
You lost all your pairs to me. Now you have to start all over again!
Ooh sneaky. This is like the reverse of the old ‘what’s your most cherished pair?’ question that comes up from time to time.

I have 11 pairs right now. Waiting for the perfect pair to finish the collection for good. (Ha ha!). If they come up with an Ashcroft in a sexy colour that will be it for me.

Right now I’d let go my cobalt Herbies - because I’ve always felt they looked just a bit too big on me and I’m really hoping they make a Lapis Molino which if they did would make the Herbies sorta redundant. Straight swap.

Also maybe I’d let go my reserve Comanche. They’re a really cool pair but just not getting used much these days. Perhaps my least-worn pair?

If I did get the mythical Lapis Molinos to replace the Herbies then per your rules I’d still have to lose one more, plus I’d still have one more empty slot in my second six slot case.(The other six are all Dealans). Sorry - can’t narrow it down any further than that. After all the wheeling and dealing I’m closing in on what I believe to be the perfect collection for my needs and when I’m done it would have to be something really special to get me to buy more and I’d be trying g hard to follow a one in one out policy!

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like matching luggage and I got it for half retail.

Don’t Guichard make the JMM case? How are they better?

Green case was a free bonus on a 1269 purchase.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like matching luggage and I got it for half retail.

Don’t Guichard make the JMM case? How are they better?

Green case was a free bonus on a 1269 purchase.
Seems like you got some good deals there, well done!
Not sure if Guichard actually make the JMM ones but they appear to be very similar. If the quality between the two matches I’d say Guichard still have the edge as you can choose interior and exterior colours as well as hardware. I went with chrome hardware and chose cobalt blue and scarlet red for my two.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right now I’d let go my cobalt Herbies - because I’ve always felt they looked just a bit too big on me and I’m really hoping they make a Lapis Molino which if they did would make the Herbies sorta redundant. Straight swap.

This surprises me. Even though I would not choose it for me, I think that the Herbie Cobalt suits and fits you very good. I also prefer the translucent Cobalt over the solid Lapis.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This surprises me. Even though I would not choose it for me, I think that the Herbie Cobalt suits and fits you very good. I also prefer the translucent Cobalt over the solid Lapis.
It’s a tough call between the two blues. They’re both good.
I know you’re not much into exposed wiring - I wish they’d been a bit more inventive with the wiring on the Herbies as I find the horizontal lines really boring now and would prefer them to have had the geometric patterns.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolmoore88