• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No question.

I think this issue is ridiculous and such an embarrassment for the brand.

As for luck, I don’t have this on any of my pairs, though not all are exposed.

obecity

Reaction score
I think it's more a matter of luck. What is certain is that at JMM they should improve their quality control: it's extremely bothersome to have such issues on these luxury items.
Someone mentioned a long time ago that “sealing” the end of the temple arm with clear nail polish should prevent the issue. What does everyone think of that? Hogwash or legit?

Hannibal4242

Reaction score
Heading to the range in my Kubricks on this hot Saturday morning
1000006820.jpg

mbf123

Reaction score
Can someone with knowledge of how the Mishima (52-24-147) fits headspace width wise in comparison with the Dealan 53, Molino 55 and Torino? Is there a noticeable difference in headspace width compared to those three wide fitting models? Thanks.
Photo comps with the Torino below. Slightly less wide but slightly taller. Bridge is wider.
IMG_0354 Medium.jpeg
IMG_0355 Medium.jpeg
IMG_0357 Medium.jpeg
IMG_0358 Medium.jpeg

obecity

Reaction score
Last edited:

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
IDNKW, but it amazes me what a difference a few mm in width makes for a frame. For the fat-headed among us such as me, those extra few mm really save the day. JMTCWIYDMTI.
Few mm in either direction really change a frame. Pretty much “xl, s, m, l” would go in increments of 5mm, but then frames are even harder because shape changes what looks right on your face for what size. There are people with smaller faces than me looking better in larger rounder frames than me. Similarly, I can wear the hemmings, but people think the molino 55 looks too wide. Measurements are a tool but not a bible in glasses world

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m getting the Noir X Enzos. I tried some Enzos (umber?) at my go to place for JMM and they didn’t look too big on me although usually black looks bigger so who knows, they’ll order them for me.

Not crazy about that tortoiseshell but it’s barely visible from the outside. I prefer the one on my Noir 7 Fellinis but OTOH I prefer the gold hardware and much prefer the lens colour.

I’m always torn about exposed wirecore, in pics I really like it, like in the agar or dark havana colourways I say “wow, that looks good”, but then I think the frames are already bold enough on their own. That’s why I only have 2 of my 5 JMMs (6 if we count the Enzo) with exposed wirecore, both of my Taos (hickory and sunkiss), but that’s because they are low contrast against the acetate.

Enzo_NoirX_3-4_Cropped_5377x3585_vkdee5_2048x.jpg

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IDNKW, but it amazes me what a difference a few mm in width makes for a frame. For the fat-headed among us such as me, those extra few mm really save the day. JMTCWIYDMTI.
True, at first glance it doesn’t make sense that 1 or 2 mm in a frame around 145-150mm wide would make a big difference, but it does. Either that or the measurements are not accurate.

E.g. the Enzo are just 1mm wider than the Fellini and the Taos, if we go by the JMM website, yet they usually look noticeably larger when worn, esp. compared to the Fellini. Height might have something to do with it, but rhen again the lenses in the Enzo are just 1mm taller than the ones in the Taos.

Funnily enough JMM has the Fellini as “wide” and the Enzo as “medium” but that surely has to be a mistake.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, I watched Jurassic World Dominion again this week despite being a terrible movie because I love the original one from 1993 as I was a big dino nerd when it came out and having the original cast (Neill, Dern and Goldblum) together again is a big nostalgia trip.

Still bummed that they didn’t release the “Ian”. The Jeff are great but these are better IMO, like a perfect cross between the Jeff and the Ashcroft.

Again maybe it’s the JP fanboy in me.

jacques-marie-mage-the-ian-glasses.jpg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Few mm in either direction really change a frame. Pretty much “xl, s, m, l” would go in increments of 5mm, but then frames are even harder because shape changes what looks right on your face for what size. There are people with smaller faces than me looking better in larger rounder frames than me. Similarly, I can wear the hemmings, but people think the molino 55 looks too wide. Measurements are a tool but not a bible in glasses world
Yeah another factor is that you look at people’s glasses right in front of your face from a distance of a couple of feet so slight differences in say shirt collar or shoe size don’t register as much as glasses in the forefront of your field of vision.

Also the last few posts may discuss lens width (usually in the 50-55mm range) or even total frame width but that doesn’t take into account frame thickness. So a thinner frame might still look big even if total width is less than a thicker frame. Darker tints can mitigate the harshness of a frame that otherwise looks owlish with clear optical lenses. There’s a lot of art and science that goes into the final ‘look’ of how a certain frame fits a face shape.

Gordon_Shumway

Reaction score
Also, I watched Jurassic World Dominion again this week despite being a terrible movie because I love the original one from 1993 as I was a big dino nerd when it came out and having the original cast (Neill, Dern and Goldblum) together again is a big nostalgia trip.

Still bummed that they didn’t release the “Ian”. The Jeff are great but these are better IMO, like a perfect cross between the Jeff and the Ashcroft.

Again maybe it’s the JP fanboy in me.

jacques-marie-mage-the-ian-glasses.jpg
I have reached out to JMM on a few occasions when the movie came out if they would release the “Ian Malcolm” frame. But i think its just sadly unlikely at this point. A shame!

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CANNONTIMBO