• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was on holiday back in England recently. Agonised over which ones to take for the two week trip and ended up choosing black LF Rawlins, Vesper (red and blue) Dealans and Leisure Society Cortez in pewter-coloured titanium which went well with the silver grey nailhead suit I wore to my niece’s wedding.

Despite the very long days of daylight there at this time of year it was cold and cloudy most of the time so I didn’t need any more pairs.

Just curious for anyone else who has Rawlins - there was someone with two pairs on here recently - is it just mine or do others have issues with folding the arms flat? Due to the thickness of the arm acetate and the camber mine are a long way from being able to fold flat. This does not happen with any of my 11 other chunky acetate JMMs. Anyone else or just me? I took them to my local dealer some time ago and they did a slight adjustment curving them a bit but it didn’t really make much difference to folding them flat.

See pics - got a nice 3 slot travelling case off Amazon.

This is about as tight as I can close the arms …

IMG_9758.jpeg
IMG_9759.jpeg

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen in person the difference between Samoa and Argyle?

I’m interested in the Hemmings Samoa but would be 100% sold on it if it’s the same as argyle (except with an exposed wire core)
Pretty sure it’s just exposed wirecore vs not. It’s what JMM does. Just like there’s a million names for black depending on whether the wirecore is exposed or not, its color (e.g. silver vs gold), transparent (beluga, titan) or tortoiseshell (noir) accents, etc.

Obvs there might be small differences between batches.

Dealan_SAMOA_3-4_Cropped_5377x3585_iridnz_2048x.jpg

2_Dealan_Argyle_3-4_1080x.jpg

_AMD

Reaction score
Does anyone have a suggestion for a source for Enzo’s in colors other than what is currently available on the jmm site? I’d prefer something in a tortoise or black/tortoise color way.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a suggestion for a source for Enzo’s in colors other than what is currently available on the jmm site? I’d prefer something in a tortoise or black/tortoise color way.
Cettire supposedly has it in Titan. I say supposedly because they also had them listed in Hickory but they didn’t really have them in stock.

It’s the only place were I’ve found them in black or tortoiseshell, but not a fan of blue lenses and I’d also prefer gold hardware I think.

Ah, Antonioli seems to have a pair in noir:

obecity

Reaction score
JMM has been a bit of a yawn lately. Seems less inspired. Last frame I bought was Chrome Hearts. Taking a JMM break for a while unless something crazy good gets released. Have fun fellas!
Well don’t leave us completely. Check in and leave a comment or two every now and then. You’ve been a good member of this bulletin board.

obecity

Reaction score
I was on holiday back in England recently. Agonised over which ones to take for the two week trip and ended up choosing black LF Rawlins, Vesper (red and blue) Dealans and Leisure Society Cortez in pewter-coloured titanium which went well with the silver grey nailhead suit I wore to my niece’s wedding.

Despite the very long days of daylight there at this time of year it was cold and cloudy most of the time so I didn’t need any more pairs.

Just curious for anyone else who has Rawlins - there was someone with two pairs on here recently - is it just mine or do others have issues with folding the arms flat? Due to the thickness of the arm acetate and the camber mine are a long way from being able to fold flat. This does not happen with any of my 11 other chunky acetate JMMs. Anyone else or just me? I took them to my local dealer some time ago and they did a slight adjustment curving them a bit but it didn’t really make much difference to folding them flat.

View attachment 2202601 View attachment 2202603
I have other frames that do this (not my JMM [Jacques Marie Mage]). I don’t see a way for them to close completely unless the earpiece is bent to all get out.

P.S. Welcome back. Good to have you. Please try to post even when on vacation so as to keep the bulletin board going.

_AMD

Reaction score
Cettire supposedly has it in Titan. I say supposedly because they also had them listed in Hickory but they didn’t really have them in stock.

It’s the only place were I’ve found them in black or tortoiseshell, but not a fan of blue lenses and I’d also prefer gold hardware I think.

Ah, Antonioli seems to have a pair in noir:

Thank you! The pair in noir is what I’m looking for. Lenses are somewhat immaterial to me, as I need to have Rx lenses installed anyway.

JessBob

Reaction score
Just curious for anyone else who has Rawlins - there was someone with two pairs on here recently - is it just mine or do others have issues with folding the arms flat?

I checked my four Rawlins. Two fold out like this (Black Fade and Surplus) while the other two fold flat (Dark Havana and Marine 2).

Never noticed before nor does it bother me now as they all still look great when I wear them :D

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I checked my four Rawlins. Two fold out like this (Black Fade and Surplus) while the other two fold flat (Noir and Marine 2).

Never noticed before nor does it bother me now as they all still look great when I wear them :D
Yeah they are superb looking glasses (four???😍) but not so easy to fold up and put in a pocket.

threeleggeddog

Reaction score

Don’t think this is anything but the way it’s adjusted at the ears affecting how it closes.

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Pretty sure it’s just exposed wirecore vs not. It’s what JMM does. Just like there’s a million names for black depending on whether the wirecore is exposed or not, its color (e.g. silver vs gold), transparent (beluga, titan) or tortoiseshell (noir) accents, etc.

Obvs there might be small differences between batches.

Dealan_SAMOA_3-4_Cropped_5377x3585_iridnz_2048x.jpg

2_Dealan_Argyle_3-4_1080x.jpg
Looks pretty damn identical in real life too. Got my girlfriend Samoa dealans and couldn’t tell a difference from my argyle glasses. Agree that it’s just in the detailing but not the acetate

bernieleung

Reaction score
On the topic of Rawlins, are there any colors besides black fade, hematite, breccia, bloodstone, rover, tobacco, noir, surplus and marine? A taupe, coliseum or frost would be cool

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t think this is anything but the way it’s adjusted at the ears affecting how it closes.
Yeah that bend towards the temple end makes for a good fit behind the ears but I think that’s the cause.

Here in Florida you can wear your shades all day but the weather back home was so crappy - “sunny intervals with scattered showers” - that they were on and off my face constantly. Usually when temporarily not on my face I loop one arm around the chain of my dog tags if I don’t have a jacket pocket. When suited and booted they go in the chest pocket of a suit jacket.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
affrii