• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

obecity

Reaction score
They aren’t doing any disservice. They simply aren’t launching many new frames - all frames you mentioned are older - vast majority of new frames are smaller. It’s just what it is. Not complaining, just observing.
Well, if you ask me, I say every frame should be offered in skinny, normal, and wide sizes. This way, nobody is left out, and it’s seems to me a simple thing to do.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Read original post - I said “classic styles”.

Wesley is old.

The others are far from classic.

The Wesley is quite recent, Belize, Alfred and Cash are certainly not extravagant, if not properly classic. And of course, if the most classic ones have already been designed, you can't have them new.

But maybe we could agree that this discussion is rather academic and redundant.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, if you ask me, I say every frame should be offered in skinny, normal, and wide sizes. This way, nobody is left out, and it’s seems to me a simple thing to do.

I see your point and would agree that this would be a reasonable option for some frames, and JMM already does it for a few ones, on the other hand every model has a balance in the right dimensions and proportions, which would get lost increasing and decreasing the size.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried on the Vicious Vermillion today at my local dealer. I like it. But not $900 like it.

(I was trying hard not to laugh while taking selfies.)

JMM Vicious Vermillion Try-on_front.jpg JMM Vicious Vermillion Try-on.jpg JMM Vicious Vermillion Try-on_unsure smirk.jpg

obecity

Reaction score

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh no. No, no, no. Not for you. You have a regal elegance to your style. That frame and color is not for you. Please put them down.

One of the very few frames that don't look good on you.

Thanks for the input gents. Agree about the frames, they're not my style (I can still like 'em, though ;) ).

But I kinda like the color...

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Aroma

Reaction score
Tried on the Vicious Vermillion today at my local dealer. I like it. But not $900 like it.

(I was trying hard not to laugh while taking selfies.)

View attachment 2137033 View attachment 2137035 View attachment 2137037
Although this frame might not be for you do not discredit the amazing vermillion colorway. I was NOT a fan of this color until I found the perfect frame for me in it. Now I’m obsessed. I have a feeling you’re on the verge of really enjoying the color you just need a better frame model to suit u.

Deangelo1555

Reaction score
I've been out of the JMM chat for a long while, but part of the issue, I believe, initially was that Jerome did whatever he liked from what I understand, at the expense of wholesalers and distributors who felt they were dealing with a very erratic business partner.

Case in point, Mr Porter put in an order for something like 150 frames initially and Jerome turned round weeks before the shipment date to say they had somewhere like 40 and was more of a like it or lump it approach and put people's noses out of joint. Hence the very random trickle of frames in across multiple seasons to retailers. You go on MrPs site now and they have 74 different pieces in stock, which is bonkers.

It may have changed in more recent years, but I can imagine working with them is challenging.
Working in the fashion industry, I know it is hard to stay on top of inventory, especially when you are a luxury brand producing in small numbers. I hear regularly that JMM are cutting back on distributers and stores but I'm not sure how much truth there is too it. At the end of the day, I expect stores are happy to receive anything as it is such a desirable brand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads