1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Jacob Cohen jeans

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by PocketCircle, Oct 17, 2009.

1. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

I don't like the colour or wash. Expensive though they may be, they look cheap. The arcuates are also ugly.

2. apropos

apropos Senior member

I don't even know what you meant. The point is really easy to make anyway. You can get various quality and designs at various prices and it's up to you to decide what is worth it. I def see a difference between jeans and know why some $600 pairs are $600. My fav are relatively cheap though, maybe $140 or so (APC new standard).
    Those are my new faves too, actually.

I'm sure the quality goes up with the price - or at least, it damned well should. I just thought it was slightly hilarious that a pair of jeans advertised itself as 'luxury denim'. It struck me as being something along the lines of 'fine woven quality polyester' or 'hand tailored for [insert your name] in [insert miscellaneous destitute 3rd world country]'.

3. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I don't even know what you meant. The point is really easy to make anyway. You can get various quality and designs at various prices and it's up to you to decide what is worth it. I def see a difference between jeans and know why some $600 pairs are $600. My fav are relatively cheap though, maybe $140 or so (APC new standard).

As said before: the pair I own (see pictures) was about €180,–. That is €50,– more than I paid for my APC NS. The quality and fit of the JC are a bit better than the APC, I would say. The denim is softer and lighter (in weight). I like them both.

I don't care for all the labels inside (hence my latest jeans were APC), but I do like the striped fabric on the inside; just a nice detail. And the buttons (see last picture) are quite handy.

The wash of my JC, btw, was created by my two-year-old who decided to wash them at 95 degrees celsius; they were raw when I bought them.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I've seen the jeans, and they aren't bad for what they are, at least for the standard models, though I really don't like the arcuate. I don't like all of the embellishments inside the jeans either, but no-one sees that. There are better jeans for the price (at least, in the USA). Kicking Mule Workshop, for example, does a much better jean at $275, and RRL jeans are a steal at around $220. If you want a good cut at a decent price, and are looking for a more "modern" feel, Simon Miller and Wings+Horns do good jeans with a pared down, minimalist feel, at around $200.

5. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

Those jeans aren't even selvage?!?

6. radicaldog

radicaldog Senior member

Must be some kind of special edition. These were about €180

I also paid something like that for my pair, in moleskin. Good trousers, even though the stitching of one pocket has come undone a bit after a couple of years of fairly irregular use. Some may want to question whether details such as the little loop for the belt buckle pin are appropriate for a pair of jeans.

7. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I also paid something like that for my pair, in moleskin. Good trousers, even though the stitching of one pocket has come undone a bit after a couple of years of fairly irregular use. Some may want to question whether details such as the little loop for the belt buckle pin are appropriate for a pair of jeans.

Ah, I didn't know they were available in moleskin. Five-pocket, like the jeans?
    (Pictures of those anywhere on the forum?)

8. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

What is appealing about it? 98% of jeans out there are washed and soft and look exactly like these.

Other than wondering where the $600 went, I don't see what one would be curious about.

can't you see it? it's RARE LUXURY DENIM dammit!

[​IMG]

9. radicaldog

radicaldog Senior member

Ah, I didn't know they were available in moleskin. Five-pocket, like the jeans?
    (Pictures of those anywhere on the forum?)

Yes, cut like the jeans. They fit more or less like Levi's 501.

10. epa

epa Senior member

This is why I only wear polyester suits, I mean no one cares....
    [​IMG]

11. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

12. steven214

steven214 New Member

what do you mean by avoiding buying the Jacob Cohen jeans online from Yoox...?

Does Yoox carry fakes? Their price is very low and that some how bothers me too,

13. steven214

steven214 New Member

does anyone heard of Richard James Brown Jeans?

14. Chrenetique

Chrenetique Senior member

Does Yoox carry fakes?
    No.

He's a well-known singer.

15. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

The Cohens are still significantly cheaper
    than re-branded Kitons FWIW! Just sayin

16. PocketCircle

PocketCircle Senior member

Yes, I've seem their jeans. Looks nice but I know nothing about the brand.

17. clausc

clausc Senior member

what do you mean by avoiding buying the Jacob Cohen jeans online from Yoox...? Does Yoox carry fakes? Their price is very low and that some how bothers me too,
    No, Yoox does not sell fakes, but it's more difficult to determine the fit. I bought a pair of Jacob Cohen jeans from Yoox and they are extremely slim, but they are from the Premium collection (e.g Premium vs. Regular), which is more expensive, more fitted and distressed. I have 4 other pairs, not bought online, which fit great though. There are many pairs on ebay Italy, but the decent ones are expensive, the distressed ones pretty ugly and many, many fakes. Except Yoox, there are a few other shops selling them online, the J688 (slim) is my favourite fit herrenausstatter-braun.de Al Duca D'Aosta www.orlandinifirenze.it Frans Boone (Nederlands) ...

18. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

No, Yoox does not sell fakes, but it's more difficult to determine the fit. I bought a pair of Jacob Cohen jeans from Yoox and they are extremely slim, but they are from the Premium collection (e.g Premium vs. Regular), which is more expensive, more fitted and distressed. I have 4 other pairs, not bought online, which fit great though.

There are many pairs on ebay Italy, but the decent ones are expensive, the distressed ones pretty ugly and many, many fakes.

Except Yoox, there are a few other shops selling them online, the J688 (slim) is my favourite fit

herrenausstatter-braun.de

Al Duca D'Aosta

www.orlandinifirenze.it

Frans Boone (Nederlands)

is the premium edition better, or just distressed?

19. clausc

clausc Senior member

^I cannot wear mine (premium edition) because they are too slim and I did not bother to return. The materials are supposed to be even higher quality, not all are distressed, mine are not jeans, more like these ones that look terrible in the picture.These are more like some Kiton jeans (I have one pair from earthdragon and cannot wear them either). I would hesitate to buy them online if I have not tried or seen them in real life. I've had too many misses with Incotex, Mabitex, Pt01/05, Borelli, Cucinelli, etc. It seems very unreasonable to buy 400+USD jeans, but once you find some that fit great, you cannot go back to cheap ones [​IMG]

20. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

Who do you say that makes Kiton jeans?

Supposedly Jacob Cohen.