• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jackthreads.com?

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with this site?
my understanding is its a streetwear version of gilt groupe. (designer discounts, invite only to purchase, etc)

i PM'd the member "Jack Threads" here on SF and heard no response.

is it worth it trying to get an invite?

FashionIQ

Reaction score
Do you need an invite?

I check it out every day, almost bought something just once... Didn't. Not my taste in clothing, although they occasionally put out stuff that's worth buying.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I signed up because they had one pair of sneakers I wanted - and didn't have my size anyway. Since then it's been a daily parade of crap.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i sort of figured as much, but wanted to check it out for shts and gigs.

FashionIQ: i PM'd you regarding the invite. if you can, cool. if not, no big whoop.

thanks for the responses , guys.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's a notch above whiskeymilitia. I wish I knew about this site a bit earlier - the addict and dunderdon stuff they had a while back wasn't shabby.

stick

Reaction score
A friend sent me an invite to the site, but the only thing I've ever seen on the site that I liked was this Dunderdon jacket, the J-41.
IMG_4104.jpg

JackThreads

Reaction score
Which brands do you guys want to see? We like to mix streetwear and contemporary fashion. Lot's of product out there to go after, so let us know what you like to see and we'll work to bring it to you.

JT

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...........: Like I said, I would have bought some addict and dunderdon stuff. Nudie apparel could be cool too, and as far as streetwear I have to be honest that I've been pretty impressed with 3sixteen's jeans and outerwear. I think as far as streetwear that would be styleforum approved (and fit with your existing niche) that's what I can think of now

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The stuff isn't really that cheap. Slim Jims were going for like $130, whereas you can find them on the forums and eBay for under $100 all day long.

hnlax

Reaction score
i picked up the obey stop action cardigan for like 25 bucks from ...........
obey_woolcardigan_gry01.jpg
it's a good site when they have dunderdon and adict stuff...some of the other stuff is too loud

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if they can do nudie jeans, I'd like to see some nudie apparel on discount. I picked up a black conny jacket from the b&s forums and it's pretty sweeeet.

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2011 Update. Still not digging much of what's on Jack Threads. To many nobody brands and almost all the fabrics seem to be synthetic or synthetic blends.

My advice to JT to attract higher end customers: find stuff with REAL fabrics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads