• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jackpot, now how to wear it

KBlooms

Reaction score
Hey all, I hit the jackpot today, finding this sportcoat for 70 bucks. Now, what can I wear with it for both day-casual and formal settings? Thanks in advance!

soxpats

Reaction score
The story of how you got a Canali sportcoat for $70.00

KBlooms

Reaction score
Bit of an anticlimax. Out clothes shopping and the owner of the place said it might fit me; I liked it but the price was too high at $200 and it was reduced.

If you all could help me think of some formal and informal dress strategies, I would appreciate it. Thanks

jfclarky

Reaction score
blue or grey dress pants would work great. Jeans with nice shoes would also work great. You have to go into your closet and try some stuff on man. We don't know what you look like or what you dress like. but i would totally go for the stuff i mentioned above. Good luck!

Blamm

Reaction score
Good looking jacket - congrats. Should be easy enough to wear in semi-formal settings - like said above - blue, gray, brown trousers will look great. Throw on a shirt and tie - you're there.

Not sure what you mean by informal dress - but think that a 3-button jacket will be hard to dress down. Can't imagine it with jeans and an open collar shirt - but if it looks good in the mirror and you're feeling good - rock on!

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.