• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket's sleeves too tight?

wrongwroks

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hello again,

I had this jacket altered and this is the solution. I will explain the situation here. The tailor tapered the jacket in, shorten the jacket's sleeves (the sleeves laid around my wrist), and tapered the jacket's sleeves.

The problem with this jacket is:

The sleeves will not lay down without any wrinkles on it even when I am not moving my arms. So, basically, the sleeves always have wrinkles on them. Is this normal?

The sleeves have so many wrinkle when I made movement. I am not sure if it is normal, or it is wrong.

P.S. I can hug myself... but the jacket became really really really tight around the biceps.

#1 Please don't mind neither the shirt sleeves nor the shorts.

And here are mirrored pics.

Last edited:

wrongwroks

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Also, I have no intention to wear this jacket formally. Probably wear them to the club, Vegas, or maybe some appropriate shopping mall.

saiyar1

Reaction score
It looks like it's bunching because it's easily a size too big. The tailor is trying to reduce the jacket at points that are very difficult or impossible to change... for example, the armhole area is impossible to raise since the holes are cut -- that's it. So the sleeves have a bunch of fabric and it's all getting messed up. Shoulders are also too wide.

I would size down and get a very slim fitiing jacket next time seeing that you have a very thin lanky build.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think they look too tight, they just look completely screwed up.

It would help if your shirt didn't have sleeves which were so long and cuffs which are so large. You're showing almost 3 inches of cuff in the first pic.

morrison13

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sanguis does have a point, the excess cuffs showing are disproportionate with the entire look of the suit.

sullivan025

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I feel like the suit is shapeless for some reason, the waist area needs to be taken in a bit.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burn it. It is beyond redemption.

wrongwroks

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sometimes I think you guys were just annoyed... I'm sorry.

Well, I can't burn it.... let me ask you, will you burn your $1000 worth of garment?

Thank you for all opinions.

I took the jacket to the well-known tailor in Los Angeles area, Diego, he just told that the jacket is a little big on me, and the pocket is pull to the side by little. That's all he suggested. He said I should eat more and get bigger, and the jacket will fit me right.

I also took it to Dior Boutique in Beverly Hills, the SA said the jacket did not ruined, it is just a little too big.

The wrinkles are the suits pattern. The suit has silk as a component, so that's why the jacket appears to have too much wrinkles.

Thanks again for your great opinions. :D

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I took the jacket to the well-known tailor in Los Angeles area, Diego, he just told that the jacket is a little big on me, and the pocket is pull to the side by little. That's all he suggested. He said I should eat more and get bigger, and the jacket will fit me right.

he should of just told you that he could not fix it, IMO.

Sceps

Reaction score
A few bench presses and chin ups wouldn't do you any harm. The jacket looks way too big, maybe sell it to try and recoup some of the money you have put into it?

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sometimes I think you guys were just annoyed... I'm sorry.

Well, I can't burn it.... let me ask you, will you burn your $1000 worth of garment?

1000$ was apparently its "cost"

which is not the same as its value

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads