• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jackets similar to the Dickies Eisenhower?

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Living in Texas, I don't get to enjoy winter fashion. At all. A long sleeve shirt and a light jacket (or a hoodie/light sweater) is pretty much the extent of it. For years I've been buying Dickies Eisenhower jackets (picture to follow at end) and replacing them as they get darkroom stains, paint, god-knows-what on them. At $20 apiece, who cares? I just turned 27, though, and I'm trying to scale up my wardrobe a little (still poor, but it's almost impossible to mall shop anymore - you either look 15 or 45). So I'm wondering if anyone makes something clean and light like this but maybe a little more tailored in the fit? I looked at M65 jackets from a few places, but they have too much stuff. I figure I've got $150-200 to spend.
JT75CH_LG.JPG

dave

Reaction score
Personally, I still wear my Eisenhower. Like you said, they're 20 bucks (more like 35ish nowadays) and they're tough as nails. quality for cheap. what more could you want?

spend a bit of extra dough and have it tailored if you want it slimmer. you're still on the winning end of the $$$ scale.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dave
Personally, I still wear my Eisenhower. Like you said, they're 20 bucks (more like 35ish nowadays) and they're tough as nails. quality for cheap. what more could you want?

spend a bit of extra dough and have it tailored if you want it slimmer. you're still on the winning end of the $$$ scale.

+1

If you are anywhere near Fort Worth at all, the factory and outlet are pretty close to the Junction of
30 and 35w IIRC.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I have a Fred Perry version, basically same style, more fitted cut. Made of brushed black cotton with a shepherd check gingham lining to the edge, like a harrington

cost $180 or so

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Old thread I know, but has anyone tried on the Eisenhower jacket lately? Is it supposed to be that damn short? I'm 6'0 and regular length hits halfway down my belt while the "tall" is about 2 inches longer and seems more normal to me.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea which jacket this is? Looks like the Eisenhower but fits way better. http://cdn.buzznet.com/media/jj1//20...-akasha-01.jpg The Dickies version can't be tailored to as slim a fit because the chest and shoulders are cut way too wide... even the size small has a 19"+ shoulder to shoulder.

jenny14

Reaction score
Dickies also has a similar one that's sometimes called their Eisenhower jacket, though it doesn't look like a traditional Eisenhower jacket.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads