• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket Style

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ignore the colors, but which style jacket do you prefer and why

or

papado

Reaction score
I don't like the lower pockets on the first one so if we're only choosing between the two then I'd go #2

Sfroide3

Reaction score
First one 2000%. More classic look. Second one is too fashion forward to my taste.

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I would go with neither. ff the first jacket has dual-pocket design as it appears then I'm not a fan of that concept. The 2nd one I don't care for the pattern and don't care for the cafe racer style but knit cuffs/waste

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I would go with neither. ff the first jacket has dual-pocket design as it appears then I'm not a fan of that concept. The 2nd one I don't care for the pattern and don't care for the cafe racer style but knit cuffs/waste

Is this more to your taste? I can see this being nice because it is simplistic
01C79100-66B6-4A78-B7BE-67B5BBCECC51.jpeg

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the styling is better. But I don't like the 2 piece design of the sleeves. And the collar seems a bit wide for the style as well (see how close to the chin it is)? I would think that would be a bit uncomfortable. Also, you have to decide what type of length you want - this looks longer than most racer jackets (which could be good or bad depending on what you're looking for).
I'm by no means an expert on leather jackets, just giving my opinion.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the styling is better. But I don't like the 2 piece design of the sleeves. And the collar seems a bit wide for the style as well (see how close to the chin it is)? I would think that would be a bit uncomfortable. Also, you have to decide what type of length you want - this looks longer than most racer jackets (which could be good or bad depending on what you're looking for).
I'm by no means an expert on leather jackets, just giving my opinion.
It may be possible with this place to do some customization. I was going to ask if I could take the first one and make it the color of the second, but with the pockets of the third.

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at Schott or Aero Leather? I don't know what place you're looking at and what the prices are but Aero is fantastic and Schott is high quality as well. And their jacket designs are much better than what is pictured here. But, prices aren't cheap :)

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at Schott or Aero Leather? I don't know what place you're looking at and what the prices are but Aero is fantastic and Schott is high quality as well. And their jacket designs are much better than what is pictured here. But, prices aren't cheap :)
Those are priced higher than i am looking. My selection is likely to come from The Jacket Maker, which can do MTM.

Reaction score
Recently I ordered a jacket from Yellowstone Beth Dutton Blue Coat online store, jackets with some modifications as jackets as well brand, and when I received my jacket the quality was near to perfect. But due to customization, it took a bit longer to deliver.
Kelly Reilly Yellowstone Beth Dutton Blue Coat 01.jpg

Last edited:

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The robots are aggressive today.

TheIronDandy

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not a fan of any of those jackets. The first one makes the model look like he has a big gut. If it makes a model in a professional photo shoot look like he has a big gut, it will likely not look flattering on an actual wearer unless that's the look you want.

The second one would be great if you are a member of a K-pop boy band with a "rebellious biker" gimmick! It's very fashion forward. If you're young and hip it might work, but I think most people would look out-of-place in it.

The third one looks like it's trying to be a suit of armor. I dunno, that's the impression I get. The chest-piece of Iron Mans lesser known cousin Leather Man.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads